TNCM repeat requests for approach

Just closed TNCM on expert… was going well till Tower asked me to hold inbounds. I climbed everyone and started circling around the airport. It was going to be cool to have an outer ring of aircraft at 9000’, gradually descending an inner ring to intercept altitude. Unfortunately, I was getting so many repeat requests for the approach, altitude requests, and check ins, I couldn’t manage the people that were actually following instructions! Come on guys, follow appproach instructions, and don’t ask over and over again for the same thing! If the ATC sends you off the map, take a pic, and contact him, constant spamming takes away from everyone!

Here’s an example, everyone around this guy is at 9000, and he asks for 8000! Why? Open your eyes! As soon as I close the comm window his tag changes to 9000>8000, to clear it, I have to reissue the altitude, wasting time.

This guy is already being vectored for approach, but he asks again!

These were just a few examples of the spamming I was getting, as a result, it was impossible to get to folks that needed new vectors!

29 Likes

I know you had a bad time. But those queues in the pattern are amazing - well done

3 Likes

you did really well, unfortantly some people dont understand.

2 Likes

Tough work , but i actually enjoy getting placed in a holding stack as i find it brings a level of realism. Did it ever cross your mind to ghost those who were sending multiple request and unnecessary messages ?

5 Likes

I didn’t have the time to get it organized very well, which was discouraging. I bet 2 out of 3 requests were repeat requests! I think there were 30+ on frequency… when you’re only 1/3 effective do to handling all the spam, it’s like you’ve got 90!

The ghostingns for unecesary messages seems unnecessary? I’m not IFATC so your opinion may be better.

1 Like

Great job like usually Gary! Is easy to complain when you are in your “desk”,you want just to land,is doesn’t matter how many people are around or before you…and we (controllers) mad to insure all you!

1 Like

I didnt ghost anyone for that!

No joshua suggested that you should have. I am I right in saying that is too harsh?

1 Like

I wasn’t there , but if people keep sending multiple unnecessary messages for altitude changes , i would of been tempted to ghost .

1 Like

If I get someone asking 2 or 3 times for something when I’ve said avoid sending duplicate messages, I’d consider it, but not the first time. It was also too busy for me to scroll down and carefully read through the log to see if the same guy was spamming me.

This is what i meant , it would be very unfair to ghost after one little mistake …

Sorry should of explained that part a bit further :)

2 Likes

I think the answer here, from my point of view, is one “avoid sending duplicate messages” after that ghost town. If there are those ruining it for so many and causing the approach controller to have to quite, by all means I think that is appropriate. If they have a problem with it, they can bring that to you and then you have the ability to tell them why you ghosted and to expect the same thing to happen in 8 days if they spam again.

Had you ghosted, I feel like it would have been 100% justifiable if in only to be able to continue to serve the other 25+ users of your airspace.

5 Likes

@GHamsz I was in the queue you formed up coming into TNCM 10 (City 23) before tower asked you to hold us. Hate to hear your experience was ruined by a few, because it was fun and I want to thank you for the nice work out there. FYI, we all finished the hold and landed without any issues. There was one guy that Tower had to deal with, but other than that it was all gravy.

3 Likes

I flew this morning and it worked well for people that actually followed instructions. There was so much traffic, for an expert server it would have been pretty cool to have your plan work out

2 Likes

I always send “avoid sending duplicate messages” followed by two “please follow instructions” and after that third warning, I ghost them. There’s absolutely no reason to spam the frequency. When you’re being vectored, there’s no reason for you to ask for another approach unless you’re changing from one type to another. Somehow @GHamsz gets through it without ghosting them. Nice work, looks great on the radar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.