TL message when joining

It’s just a thought I’m gonna put out here in the community… but what if, when new users make an account, they are faced with a message about Trust level. That way there’s will be no topics on TL besides the main one which explains TL(x).
Let me know your thoughts on this.

1 Like

Hey mate,

I believe this would be a good idea, certainly if it isn’t something that is implemented already. However, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe these topics including the one you mentioned about “why am I not TL(x) yet” is pinned to the top of the meta category, so therefore will be seen first.

When you join as a new user to the forum, I believe you are recommended to read through some of the introduction posts including rules and code of conduct as well as other useful topics.

2 Likes

You mean something like this?

3 Likes

Huh interesting, so we basically have what I’m suggesting, yet we get so many topics about Trust Levels. Now I’m just plain confused about why they even bother…

1 Like

Ah I see, good point. Though a pop up screen, like the one Schyllberg posted below, would’ve been more ‘in your face’. But apparently we already have it yet new users still create topics on TL…

1 Like

Because people aren’t reading :)

Don’t take this the wrong way and I’m just using it as an example, but you haven’t read the category description since you put this in #general and not #meta which is for forum related queries.
It’s common. Many don’t read various guidelines and welcome messages they receive. Unfortunately. We’re all equally guilty to not doing that i believe :)

2 Likes

Fair point you made there. I wasn’t sure which one I had to put it in so it was a gamble. Though you’re right, I, and many other people for that matter, should read better!

2 Likes

Me being the support dude, notice it all the time. What i personally feel is most important, is that the information is at least out there so we have something to refer to when the questions come.

We can’t force anyone to read, just encourage :)

2 Likes

Agreed. Well you may close this topic. I’ve received my answer ;)

2 Likes