Tiredness

Hi,

I think it’s a good idea, despite how much development would take, to implement sleep requirements into IF, and have a bot fly the plane while you are asleep in the crew rests. This would be like after 6 hours, you start to yawn and close your eyes and not be able to see for a couple of seconds at a time, getting longer as you get past the work limit. I know this is a mobile sim, and real people implementation is probably pretty far down the list of priorities, but I think this would be a cool idea

Thanks

(Sorry if this is a duplicate, couldn’t find anything.)

So basically A/P but with audio such as pilot yawning indicating he/she needs rest

3 Likes

I think that this would be more of a pain than realistic. I get it that it would add realism, but if I am wide awake and it’s been around 6 hours going to check on my device, only to find my pilot sleeping in the cockpit, I don’t think I would be very pleased. I mean maybe when interiors are added and crew rests can be added too, then maybe I could consider. As for now though, I think that this is debatable.

4 Likes

This is the word that decides IF

Idk, but people really care about realism!
Maybe it could only be on expert or as an option on solo?

Possibly, but maybe in the future. This seems like something that would need to be discussed over.

1 Like

What would happen if you needed to land and you were tired? What about the autopilot failing and violations happen.

Well if you’re tired and landing in real-life, then you also get tired, and that’s why you’d need to plan your rests

Hmm, what if your resting and ATC gives you a command to change direction. What would happen?

Well, you’d have to go through it, like in real-life, or in a last case scenario, pass it off to the co-pilot/not and lose a bit of XP for not flying the whole thing

I agree with @JT_Playz. It would be really annoying to not be able to see due to your fatigue. Plus, pilots are banned from sleeping in the cockpit which If I read correctly, you were suggesting. Us pilots enjoy looking around the scenery and using other features and if we get affected by this it would be a pain. Maybe we can have a feature where on long haul flights, the pilots can swap shifts so you would see different pilots come in while the others go into the crew rest room. I get it would add realism but for now, I think most would rather not have this implemented

3 Likes

While the rest of your post is good, I’m not suggesting they sleep in the cockpit. I’m suggesting that this might come with the addition of crew rests.

But thanks for the feedback/criticism

1 Like

Ok well that’s good lol. I think crew rests would be a nice addition in the long term

1 Like

That’s what i was thinking. After we get interiors for long-haulers.

2 Likes

Sounds a good idea

1 Like

Instead of that, I would implement crew switch, where maybe every few hours you here some dialogue as the crew switches.

1 Like

If we’re gonna implement this into the game we might as well have a Coffee button too. Ya know, for realism sake?

3 Likes

Yes I see where you are coming from with realism however, wouldn’t this remove the idea of you flying the simulator? As it’s called Infinite flight not Infinite sleep.I mean NO offense to you in this post - don’t take it personally! have a happy new year in advance😉

4 Likes

They already have a PEPSI!

2 Likes