Tire Squeal?

BEFORE WATCHING/READING

This is 100% real. This is actually not a joke. I do not know if this is a duplicate. THIS IS NOT A FEATURE REQUEST Yet this is a stipulation… 🤔

I was messing around on solo doing landings in the Qanta 738 at YSSM. I wanted to see my horrible landing (I was trying to simulate a Ryanair landing) and I decided to watch from the left wing. So I watch it in replay, nothing weird happens. After, i rewinded before I touchdowned and I landed again yet this time not on replay. I land and as I put on my brakes and reverse thrusters (I turned the rudder too) I all of a sudden gear tire squeaks!!!??? I was very confused. I did this same thing (rewinding before the touchdown with replay, and landing again in the left wing camera) over and over again and it kept happening. I decided to screen record it which you can watch here:

So my overall question is, why is it happening when there was zero information concerning tire squeaks in the new update? Could this be coming? Is it already here?

2 Likes

This isn’t new, it’s been in the app for many years :)

14 Likes

I’ve never heard it before though!

Didn’t know about that either…
btw, quite the landing lol

2 Likes

I’ve never heard it either! I didn’t even know it was in the game!

1 Like

So how has it been in the game for years, if we haven’t heard it before?

Many have heard it, but think about;
How often do you land as you did in the video and use an outside camera view at the same time? :)

11 Likes

Lol true! That was a class A Ryanair landing btw. Thanks @schyllberg!

4 Likes

Do you use the outside camera modes while landing?

1 Like

I think I’ve heard it before in Infinite Flight but in another camera view.

No not usually, I was just messing around this time.

That’s the reason then

2 Likes

It has been in the game for a long time

Thanks @Olympicq400 but @schyllberg has already stated this.

1 Like

I’ll say, whoever attempts to land while looking out on the wing cam is doing a Blind Landing.

Reference: Air Crash Investigations S12E05 | Blind Landing | TANS Perú Flight 204.

But hey, if you can land safely then that’s a different story… 😶

3 Likes

It has been in the game for years but with the older GA aircraft I’ve flown the 737 a lot and I’ve never heard that either.

1 Like

I wonder if you can hear it holding short when another aircraft touches down?

1 Like

I have never heard that happening. I doubt you could.

Yeah I don’t think that exists. I’ve free-cammed countless landings while I’m waiting in line to take off and I’ve never heard anything

1 Like

I have heard this so many times