Tire Smoke

To be honest this would be a good feature, but it may be small, but it would change IF a lot.

back in 2014 the loading screen showed a picture of a 737 with tire smoke. Anyone have an idea were this feature went?

I don’t think it was ever added, but I think it should be added as it is really cool and realistic. Unfortunately I have ran out of votes though. ;)

43 Likes

Apparently this is the reason why it was never added

14 Likes

Anyone have a picture of the 737 tire smoke 😃

3 Likes

imagehttps://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.y1EtZofzsQXqHDd6P8qbqQEsCo&w=300&h=168&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

7 Likes

No it was on IF and on the preflight loading screen like where the 787s are now

2 Likes

This would be nice, but I would rather see other features implemented, such as a basic FMC. And as a plus, I’m pretty sure it would also kill off a lot of FPS.

7 Likes

Oh, so IF had Real Life pictures for the loading screen 😐

2 Likes

Some games have tire smoke and their FPS doesn’t change. We could have a rather simple one

2 Likes

Tire smoke and skid marks at touchdown location would be cool. Our runways in IF are too “clean” they look like they were paved yesterday lol.

14 Likes

No, it was an in game picture of a 737 with the landing smoke they were developing.

5 Likes

I believe this is a feature they have already said that they are working towards completing.

3 Likes

It would make the simulator alot more realistic, yet it shouldn’t be that hard to add! :)

3 Likes

Yep. Graphics and stuff might be a problem on lower-end devices though.

2 Likes

This would be great. Though there might be rendering problems though

1 Like

If people don’t have a device that cannot handle this, then there should be an option where you can turn it off! :)

11 Likes

Where did you hear that?

I don’t remember, I just remember seeing something about it and a mod commented on it or something.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but I remember seeing a splash screen showing the landing smoke.

3 Likes

This would definitely add to the realism!

2 Likes