Tips to help a 77W survive CPT-SFO tonight needed (solved)

I have a very long and sketchy CPT-SFO route planned tonight, the distance is 8900NM, which I have flown successfully multiple times before with the 77W on 9000+NM trips from europe to the oceania. How harsh are the headwinds until you hit the east coast of the USA?

1 Like

Have you tried windy.com? You can set the altitude and check the winds. They seem accurate from what I have seen.

1 Like

Just ran a SimBrief on it and the flight time is showing 19:19. During my testing, I found out that at 90% pax load and 75% cargo load the 77W would do 20 hours and change (and this is including not using reserve fuel), you should be fine.

Reference if you want it: Your Guide to Fuel Burn and Cruising Altitudes in the New 777 Family [IGNORE 777F]

1 Like

I’ll give that a try

Thanks for this! If its going to be 19:19 i’ll be fine. I’ve flown 19:43 with the airframe so this was very helpful as was the other comment.

1 Like

Update, flight was completed and went perfectly

I’ll sort of be re-doing this flight backwards as UAL1126 SFO-CPT in the A359 or depending on whats online SFO-JNB as UAL1130… Just UAL 11XX to somewhere in africa 😂😂

Glad everything went well. Send me a PM if you ever want to do a flight together.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks.

They average 120-200

1 Like

What do you mean?

The headwinds

1 Like

heyy i was landing while you were holding short at SFO, AAL757

and then i got a violation ☹️

1 Like

Bummer :( what for?

Right, windy.com or Windyapp is pretty accurate. But for Long haul flights, I would run a calculator like SimBrief parallel to it, to make sure things work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.