Tips to Avoid Violations

Hello. I’ve seen lots of topics asking for violations to be removed. So I wanted to help.
First, here are the things you can get violations for:

• Taxiing faster than 35 kts gs

• Flying faster than 250 kias at or below 10,000 ft.

• Overspeeding (when your airspeed goes into the red bars)

• Aerobatics (exceeding ±90 degrees bank or pitch)

• Runway idle (being on the runway for more than a minute without ATC clearance)

Here are some things you can do to avoid these violations:

• Fly at 240 kias at or below 10,000. This helps because if there is a wind shear, you’ll still be safe, as opposed to getting a violation without warning.

• Fly at 0.05 Mach below the plane’s overspeed limit. Again, this helps because it ensures that you will not overspeed even during wind shear.

• Make sure your airspeed doesn’t get below 130 kias in a jet, 70 kias for prop ga, and 120 kias for ga jets and commercial prop aircraft with full flaps. This helps you avoid stalls.

• Your airspeed should never go below 190 kias for jets, 100 kias for prop ga, and 160 kias for ga jets and commercial prop aircraft without flaps. This helps avoid stalls, which can help you avoid aerobatics violations.

• For commercial jets, rotation speeds are around 145 kts. If you’re heavy, rotate at 165 kts. For ga aircraft, you should rotate at 70 kias. For ga jets and commercial prop aircraft, rotate at 120 kias.
    You should rotate gently.

• Don’t exceed ±30 degrees bank, or ±20 degrees pitch.

• Always monitor your gs. If it exceeds 25 kts gs, hit the brakes until you’re at 15 kts gs.

• Set your altitude to 11,000 feet when you descend. When you arrive at 11,000 feet, keep your power setting where it was, or if told to descend by ATC, set your spoilers to flight. Remember to increase power and retract spoilers at 250 kias. This helps you avoid a violation by going 300 kias at 10,000 feet. (Credits to @Mats)

• Avoiding the runway idle violation is basic IF etiquette, so I won’t cover that.

This is another topic on violations, so check that out too.

I hope I saved you some violations!

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean you’re flying at Mach 0.36?

1 Like

Good catch there :) It means that you would be flying 0.05 Mach less than the overspeed limit. So if your plane’s overspeed limit is Mach 0.90, then you would be flying at Mach 0.85.
I fixed it now.

1 Like

When descending, set your ALT to 11,000ft and slow down. This prevents you from getting a violation because you’re below FL100 and still at 300kts.

1 Like

I forgot to put that in there :)

1 Like

Is this just for a 737? :)

This applies to most commercial aircraft.

Fair enough, your speeds are abit specific, but would probably work for “most commercial aircraft” ;o)

Yes. Most commercial aircraft cruise at Mach 0.78 or Mach 0.85 IRL. They don’t exceed 250 kias at or below 10000, and they don’t exceed 20 degreed pitch or 30 degrees bank. They also use similar approach speeds to the ones that I mentioned. These speeds work.

I feel like this topic is very similar to the one linked here :/

2 Likes

That explains what violations are, not how to avoid them. But that is a good topic, and to get a better idea of what violations are, check that topic out. I did search the title of my topic, but I couldn’t find anything that was very similar. I linked it though.

Not sure this is gonna end well…

There’s a reason I didn’t say all commercial aircraft. These speeds don’t work for props. For flaps 35 in a Dash 8, around 115 knots should be your approach speed.

I see, just humouring you 😂
Probably best to encourage people to look up the operational speeds for the aircraft though 😉

1 Like

I edited it and yes 135 kias is too fast for the dash to land in :)

1 Like

Thanks, that helps no end 👍🏼

You’re welcome. Glad it helped :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.