Tips on how to butter a 747

I’ve been trying for quite a while now but it seems that I can’t get it most of the time.

2 Likes

I’d love to get some tips also!

3 Likes

Go into solo mode and practice, that’s all it takes :). Make sure to check out this topic also to help you out. Knowing the correct speeds helps tremendously
: All Aircraft Takeoff and Landing Profiles (Version 20.1 Wiki!)

3 Likes

control the speed and flare at 50ft

2 Likes

it all depends on skill so keep practicing and sometimes you might get an accidental butter lol

2 Likes

Thankss for the tips^^ btw pls keep replyinggg tysmm

1 Like

The key point to landing a legacy aircraft like 747 is that do not retard when you flare. These models don’t have ground effect so if you reduce your thrust to idle they will smash like a brick.
Instead, hold your throttle while you flare (maybe even increase a bit) to slow down the loss of airspeed and lift (to mimic the “ground effect”) until you touch down.

16 Likes

Tysm! Ill try that when i play IF

1 Like

Fly cargo so you don’t have to butter
Hard Landing 747 GIF - Hard Landing 747 Airplane GIFs
That’s my tip

10 Likes

Oh my— the way the flaps jiggled…

2 Likes

Oh my god i would probably die in that plane

2 Likes

start slowly flaring at 50ft and then normal flare at 20ft, works with the A380 and 744

3 Likes

I don’t know about real life…but 747-200 is the best 747 to do butter easily in IF.

2 Likes

they bounced like a ball daymn!

3 Likes

Land fast, like 160 knots

1 Like

Tip, go into the ground at -120 not -100, -50, -10, etc. The landing gear likes to slam the ground in low fpm landings. (And anything over 400) The best fpm is -120

Tho there are some exceptions, fighting enough against the landing gear can help:

Sorry, YouTube darkened the video :(

Here’s the new example

Thanks so much for the help @Mitisel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.