Tips for taking FAA knowledge test (ADX)

I am starting the path of becoming an Aircraft Dispatcher (the one who analyzes weather and makes flight plans, not the one who works on the ramp). Before I start the certificate, I have to pass a FAA test called the ADX. I believe it stands for Aircraft Dispatcher but I don’t know what the “X” stands for. Originally I thought this test was something you took after you studied and was what earned you a certificate if passed but I have since found as mentioned above it needs to be passed before you even start the classes.

Does anyone have any experience taking this and if so , how was it, what was it like , and how did you study?

I cannot find any resources except one app anywhere to help me study , not even a book. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tyler

3 Likes

Do you know the FAA gives a sample exam?

Ill link it here for your reference:

1 Like

There is a sample of one online but I’m generally confused because when I talked to my instructor, he said the ADX test has very little to with the actual job of dispatching. I’m confused then why it’s named Aircraft Dispatcher test then haha

Thank you.this is the one I have been looking at but it does me no good to study because no answers are given at the end

1 Like

Sad to say, but I can’t help you much other than that. Ill do a bit more research to see if I find anything, if I do ill comment in this thread

I assume the app you use is sheppard air right?

1 Like

Yeah that’s the one!

1 Like

I would study that, and ask your instructor what you need to do to prepare… Ask if you need some sort of sign off for the test as well. I know for pilots we have to have an endorsement in our logbook in order to take the test.

1 Like

I also came upon this website called sheffield, looks like it could be a way of studying… might cost money, not sure.

ASA always puts out some good study tools, you could see if they have one for ADX

2 Likes

ASA has a textbook for the oral and practical for ADX, but I dont see one for the written

1 Like

Can you please send me a link? I am looking on their website but I don’t see it.

Its from a different website, not sure if its current

1 Like

You might want this as well, critical for the written:

1 Like

Thank you very very much

Good luck man, Sheppard air is a good rest prep software. Dispatcher is a good career, underrated if you ask me.

2 Likes

😂 That’s every FAA/ Government test! Never has anything to do with the actual “job” . 😂 good luck in a great career path though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.