There may be a topic already that covers this. If that is the case this can be shut down.
Recently, I have seen a bigger number of people saying that their app crashes on long haul flights. I am going to list some things that may help especially for iPhone users.
- Turn view to Scenic - this will help keep the app moving lowering its ability to crash
- Turn time to night - this always seems to help
- Unplug and then plug back in - this will keep the device moving also as stated in the first (On overnighters keep it plugged in at all time)
- Turn graphics to the lowest setting - this will keep the game smoother (especially for iPhone)
- Turn off HUD
- Turn “Anti Aliasing” off
- Lower your screen brightness
- Turn on low power mode
- Restart device before every flight
Also, newer iPads are really good for Long hauls and Ultra Long hauls.
Hope this helps.