Tips For: London City Airport

When Landing on Runway 09:

• Do not exit the runway then back taxi without getting permission to do so you will cause delays and go arounds.

When Landing on Either Runways:

• Do not fly in on planes larger than an A318 it is the largest plane certified to fly at LCY. I don’t want to see A380s asking for permission to land.
  • Do not use auto land it will not work.
  • When landing keep in mind the steep approach at 5.5 degrees.

When Back Taxiing:

• Do not roll on the runway at 10 knots ground speed… there is only one runway here! You will cause delays and go arounds as the ATC expects you to expedite the runway as fast as possible.
  • Don’t do a 360 on the runway at the start of 27… there is a taxiway there for that.

When at a Gate:

• Do not request pushback in London City Airport. Although this isnt as big an issue as waiting for BackTaxi it is a waste of time. (Instead directly ask to taxi)

When the ATC doesn’t request you to Back Taxi:

• Don’t follow their awkward instructions. Just leave the game. (An opinion)

Anyone else got any LCY peeves?

21 Likes

Expedite when you’re told to back taxi! There’s no speed restriction while back-taxiing so you can go slightly faster to help expedite before an arrival, but you are still taxiing so don’t power up too much.

4 Likes

I will add that!

This is really helpful to minimise delays when the airport is busy!

1 Like

I made this because on ATC PG people seem to be treating the airport like LHR :D

2 Likes

Quick Question: How do you request to back taxi?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

when you request to taxi they will tell you then, you can’t request it yourself.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought but on PG one time I just had to leave bc he wouldn’t tell me to back taxi :/

1 Like

you don’t you hold short of runway 27 and go on tower frequency and wait for back taxi

1 Like

I will add that

2 Likes

it depends on wether the player doing atc knew to use to or if you weren’t on the correct frequency either way either one of you might have been doing the wrong thing.

1 Like

When told to “back taxi Runway xx, contact ground when off rhe runway”, just stay on TWR freq. He actually wants you to stay on tower freq, but that is not an option (yet).

5 Likes

MaxSez: I believe Tips (opinions) from non-FDS Staff are valuable contribution but are not gospels. Trust but varify![quote=“Thomas_Oehrling, post:1, topic:36572”]
When the ATC doesn’t request you to Back Taxi:

Don’t follow their awkward instructions. Just leave the game.
[/quote]

1 Like

that one is an opinion i will mark it as such.

1 Like

@CJ12…[quote=“CJ_Sapan, post:2, topic:36572”]
There’s no speed restriction while back-taxiing.
[/quote]
MaxSez: CJ believe the posted airfield speed limit applies “While taxiing”. You might want to rephrase your comment.

1 Like

Max his point stands.

1 Like

MaxSez: Are you speaking for Mr. Sapan? Or is it an Opinion, Tom?
(If you choose Tom we can continue this via PM, that where gripes and disagreements belong)

1 Like

Another tip: be prepared for the steep approach.

3 Likes