Time problem

I’m pretty sure that Singapore to New York is 20 hours long, tho here it says 15:10, I’m at Mach 0.85, common cruise speed for the a350, anyone knows why?

First off, the usual flight time between Singapore and New York is roughly 18 hours, not 20; it is also to do with the idea that there is also a difference between actual flight time and gate-to-gate flight time, which can make a big difference. As to the difference between 15:10 and 18:00, many different factors can influence it such as the fact you are going to slow down as you approach, which can add a good amount of time. Note that ETE is just what it is: an estimate.

In short, you’re going to slow down eventually, and ETE will only use your current metrics to estimate.

5 Likes

It depends, the calculations it makes are not always exact due to the wind speed, if you have a tailwind you would have more speed and the weather calculates that you are close to missing

And after a while when you have a different wind direction, time arrival makes another calculation, that’s what I would believe happens.

2 Likes

ETE is based off of your current ground spped. This will decrease during your decent, and could decrease if your tailwind component decreases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.