Time of day according to zulu time

So, I tried to make a topic about this before, but it got closed because of my Trust Level. My idea is that on live, the time of day is changing automatically just like the weather but according to the zulu time. Now there are some cons about this. People in specific time zones would mostly be flying at one time of day. Also, flying at night is really hard because the landing, strobe, runway, etc. lights are not strong. In easier words, we need better plane lights to have this work well when flying at night. I’m not sure… what do you guys think?

8 Likes

I like the realism side of it , but don’t you think it would just be better to choose what time of day you want ?

3 Likes

On solo you can choose what time of day. However, on live it would be restricted. If you are going to be a pilot, you should know how to fly at all times of day.

3 Likes

I love this idea. Before every flight, I always search the current time in that location, and change the time of day accordingly to make it more realistic. But if I am not in a dark area and it is nighttime, I will often use evening because of the lighting level of Night Mode. So if they were to add this, they would probably need to increase the night brightness. :)

2 Likes

Of course you should be able to fly at all times of the day , that is a big part of the CPL training syllabus . Until we see some lights lighting up the taxiway centre line and also until proper taxi lights are implemented within the aircraft , I think we should just stick to the user choosing what time of day they are flying for now …

The time zone and location issue will really effect all this , but I think it could be a good idea in the future and I’m glad you made it to TL2 so you can post this type of stuff ! 👍🏼

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say the night brightness, I would just say lights… like strobes, tail, and landing

2 Likes

I think even with lights it will be hard for less experienced pilots to fly on the night mode so I don’t think it’s a good idea, also I prefere to choose myself because I don’t fly on IF during the day in real life it’s usually around 9PM+ so I would mostly be doing night flights which I dislike

3 Likes

I think a feature for landing lights should be added so they shine on the close proximity to the ground. And also aircraft logo lights taxiway lights. These features would make night flying very enjoyable

2 Likes

Dynamic time is already confirmed for global ;)

5 Likes