Time-lapsing Flights | A Question for Video Pros

Hey there IFC,

I’m currently interested in time-lapsing flights and turning them into nice, short videos, but I can’t and won’t screen record my 14 hour flight on replay mode.

Is there a way to make time go faster in replay mode? The 5X thing in solo perhaps?

If not, how do you fellow video pros screen record long hauls?

Adding on, do you just turn the hub off at cruise or descent or ascent in game and screen-record?

Thank you in advance! ❤️

To my knowledge, there is no way to speed it up, so you’d have to sit the whole duration. I hope someone else does know though.

1 Like

Nope, no way to speed up the replay. You have to record it and speed it up through a third-party app.
I just spilt the recordings into different parts. Record 1-2 hours with this angle, speed it up, delete the original recording for more storage, then record another angle and so on.

1 Like

I’ve done it before.

Basically just record and spam that 15 second thingy at the bottom.

Once you are satisfied with what you have, use a third part app and speed it until youre satisfied.

Why replay mode tho ?

Because I take videos and photos from there.

I mean, who doesn’t take screenshots here?

As you can see, you can also record from the actual flight 😊

his device space would explode

I usually open a stream when I fly, then download the streamed video and make time-lapse

I see, but I think speeding the replay up would be a good feature.

Yes.

I’m flagging this because I’ve got the answers I need, please feel free to vote for it here if you’re interested and support this!

2 Likes

Yeah right, was 28GB for that one I linked

Op flagged for closure