Time Lapse for Replay

This is not a way to speed up a flight you are flying

This would be a way to watch your flight in replay mode, but have an option to view a time lapse of the flight. This could help to record a time lapse to upload to YouTube, etc. I like watching time lapses of real flights, and I just thought it might be a cool idea for IF.

Possible Features

• Select a camera view to base the time lapse from
  • Save timelapse
  • Pause and resume time lapse
  • Choose timelapse speed

@pilotboy

I like this idea! But I’m out of votes :/

7 Likes

This would be cool

2 Likes

Erm. Why can’t we just record it and speed it up in video editing? We have the fast forward and rewind bar for a reason.

2 Likes

I don’t know one person that likes to leave their device for 2-3 hours (or more) to record the flight. I really like the idea. Let me see if I can clear up a vote.

6 Likes

I think this would be a brillaint idea, you have my vote

2 Likes

If you want to record it, you would have to screen record the entire flight. This wastes lots of device storage and a whole lot of time. It would just be a workaround that issue.

6 Likes

Make sure you vote for your own request

2 Likes

The same would go for a timelapse. Also, we have backup drives for a reason. This could cause problems in the future in terms of editing, storage, etc? It won’t condense it down as much. Also. Share my infinite flight exists for a reason. You can upload your videos there, then speed them up. Therefore, they are condenced.

1 Like

Hi there! Unfortunately this is a duplicate. Be sure to search before you post. :)

3 Likes

I looked it up in the search bar, but I guess I didn’t find that one. Thanks @infiniteflight_17!

2 Likes

That post has 1 vote and hasn’t been active in 8 months. And this already has 5, up to the mods tho

3 Likes

Its also decently outdated. I would leave this one up.

1 Like

I just realized I had a really bad typo… I fixed it.

Yeah 5 votes over 1 will most likely keep this thread open. I like the idea honestly. Maybe if you wanted to do a time lapse it would tell you what camera view you want it on and just take the whole replay file and record it from that camera view selected. That seems very very difficult to do though but it’s just throwing an idea out there.

3 Likes

I like that idea @infiniteflight_17! Can I add it to the original post when I get a minute?

Sure! I don’t mind. 😄

1 Like

I would definitely vote for this but I’m out of votes.

1 Like

Hey! Great idea. You’ve got my vote…

be sure to flag this topic below if you want to keep this one up:

This would be awesome. Infinite flight used to have a feature in replay mode that did this but unfortunately they removed it. As a content creator this would be a great feature!

2 Likes