Tilt controls not responding on iPad Air 2

I have a massive problem. I was just about to take off at FNF in my Cessna 208, and when I was checking if everything was ready I noticed that when I tilted, nothing happened.
Basically, when I went to rotate, or turn left nothing would have happened. I restarted IF, and then deleted it and redownloaded it. Nothing happened. I went into controls on settings and everything seemed normal, but when I tilted that orange line didn’t move (if you know what I mean by orange line), no matter how much I tilted. I can’t provide screenshots as apparently the image is too big. I really need help with this as I currently can’t go on IF.

Device: iPad Air 2
iOS 10.2.1
Latest IF version

2 Likes

Restart your iPad.

Were you not able to turn left or right either (to turn on a taxiway, etc.)? I had this problem the other day - pushed back but was not able to turn left or right. Thought it was the app too - deleted and re-installed. The iPad would only run the app when I had my home button on the left, when I had the home button on the right it was upside down.

Deleted and re-installed to face the same problem. Restarted the iPad and the issue was resolved.

Have the same exact iPad Air 2.

3 Likes

Happened to me as well, many times. Figured it was a problem with the IPads gyroscope.

1 Like

Happened to me too (when I just realized I was in auto pilot on ><><😅)

2 Likes

This has happened to me a few times. I’ve had Autopilot off, and it still does not allow me to control the aircraft. The aircraft just veered to the left on takeoff and crashed. I use the iPad Air 2 as well.

1 Like

It’s annoying, but at least @tjerome helped me fixed it. Turns out I didn’t need to delete IF and then waste half an hour reinstalling all my in app purchases cause I just needed to restart my iPad.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.