Tigerair to fly to Townsville

Tigerair Australia will begin offering flights from Townsville, Queensland in June. The Townville-Melbourne nonstop route will be operated on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. TT728 will be the northbound service departing at 8:15 am and arriving at 11:15 am. TT729 will be the southbound service departing at 11:50 am and arriving at 2:40 pm. Jetstar is the only carrier to do non-stop flights on the route with Airnorth, Virgin Australia and Qantas operating connecting flights via Toowoomba, Sydney, and Brisbane. Jetstar’s exclusiveness of the route will come to an end with the competition and will hopefully mean lower fares on the route. Townsville is Tigerair Australia’s 13th Aussie destination and it’s 5th Queensland destination

Full credit Paul Sadler

11 Likes

That’s great but Tigerair is pretty bad.

5 Likes

The mascot in the photo is creepy =/

5 Likes

Yeah they gave out soft toy mascots when they started flying to Canberra too. They are creepy.

That mascot is great!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I can’t stand starring on the Mascot 😂😂😂

Btw, this might be a good news to @Mr_Jetstar 😊. It’s nice to see Tigerair’s expansion in Australia lately.

1 Like

Ugh, yuck. Nice to see more carriers, but seriously, Tigerair?

I honestly think that getting Air Niugini servicing us is more exciting than some low cost, cheap, horrible airline. Air Niugini is Townsville’s 2nd International destination will be served by F70’s.

2 Likes

That poor Mascot, I can’t stop laughing 😂😂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.