Tigerair Australia 737-800

Hey all, with the speculation about the upcoming 737 update (Virgin Australia!!) I wanted to remake this topic, this is such a beautiful livery. I have even flown them and know that they provide a good service for their cheap prices!

TigerAirAust_MEL_23MAR2016_Bali_inaugural_3%5B1%5D

Here’s some information about Tigerair

Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd , operating as Tigerair Australia , is an Australian low-cost airline. It commenced services in the Australian domestic airline market on 23 November 2007 as Tiger Airways Australia. It is a fully owned subsidiary of Virgin Australia Holdings. The airline is based in Melbourne, Victoria, with its main base at Melbourne Airport.

The Australian Foreign Investment Review Board gave approval for Tiger Airways to establish its wholly owned Australian subsidiary in March 2007 without any special conditions) On 16 March 2007 Tiger Airways Australia Pty. Ltd. was incorporated in the Northern Territory, although the company is based in Melbourne, with Melbourne Airport being the airline’s major hub.

Five aircraft and A$10 million were committed to start the subsidiary. The airline’s business model was based on that of sister airline Tiger Airways, which included attempting to increase the total market size (number of passengers), control operating costs, and maximise the number of sectors served. One way it planned to keep costs low was by avoiding expensive airports.

Tiger undertook the final stage of Australian regulatory procedures on 20 November 2007, successfully performing two proving flights from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast and Launceston. Each carried officials from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as well as Tiger crew. Tiger received its Air Operator’s Certificate on 22 November. The airline projected initial traffic of 2 million passengers annually
Tiger Airways Australia’s first scheduled flight was TT 7402, which departed from Melbourne for the Gold Coast on 23 November 2007.

On 31 May 2008, the airline announced that passengers would be charged a fee for checked-in luggage. The fee was A$10 (for 15 kg of luggage) at booking or A$20 at check-in. Tiger announced on 3 April 2009 its intention to launch in the Melbourne–Sydney market, the fifth busiest passenger route in the world, signalling an end to its operational policy of avoiding expensive airports. On 18 July, Tiger announced an increase in its Melbourne–Sydney flights by up to nine flights a day in each direction and doubling the capacity on the Adelaide–Sydney Route. New aircraft were expected to arrive starting on 4 October 2009. On 5 November 2009 Tiger Airways announced its intention to launch into the Brisbane market with services to Melbourne, Adelaide, and Rockhampton. Tiger celebrated these routes for A$2 during its Second Birthday sale, along with all Tasmanian routes and the popular Melbourne- Sydney route.

Tiger Australia announced in February 2010 that the airline was now profitable.

Thanks for viewing this topic, change your profile pic to an image of the aircraft to support the addition of this livery. Also please vote!

• Nice livery! I would like it to be added
  • Meh, I’m not persuaded
  • No thanks

0 voters

Although I don’t like TigerAir in real life, I actually like the livery! It looks good and definitely should be added in the game

2 Likes

Nice feature request! I’ve voted for it.
(you might want to remove the information citations from wikipedia as it cleans up the post)

1 Like

Removed! It does look nicer now

1 Like

Voted awesome!

1 Like

Definitely needed as Tigerair in Singapore and Taiwan does not exist anymore (and the A319 in Infinite Flight), and as Tigerair transitions their whole fleet from A320s to 737s!!

Plus it’s owned by Virgin Australia and has a great livery ;)

3 Likes

Is that VH-VUX? I cant rlly see the registration and i flew VH-VUX earlier this year and would love to re fly my route in IF def going a vote towards this! :)