Tigerair Asia/Singapore & Scoot to Merge on 25th of July, 2017

http://www.flyscoot.com/en/en-brandmerger

TigerAir will be merged into Scoot, all info on the link.

7 Likes

Huh. It will be interesting to see scoot branded a320s.

7 Likes

Tigers are in extinction, indeed…

9 Likes

Scoot reminds me of spirit airlines, it’s always nice to see an airline getting a new fleet, but it’s sad to old Airline’s will be gone and possibly forgotten

4 Likes

I thought they were already the same company or subsidiary or something like that. I was wrong I guess.

2 Likes

This was announced months ago. Please provide more info in your topic, and your opinion to make the topic more interesting.

3 Likes

you might want to take out singapore , because as far as I know , their is only a tiger air in Australia and another in aIsa

2 Likes

Using “Singapore” just reiterates to readers this is the Tigerair based in Singapore, not one of the other two or three “Tigerair” branded airlines such as Tigerair Australia.

3 Likes

Oh ok thanks for the info…

2 Likes

Courtesy to @sniperguy135 for capturing this on one of Scoot’s videos (The A320 looks like an A319 imo)

All Scoot and Tigerair Singapore flights will be using TR prefix instead of the existing TZ on Scoot flights

3 Likes

A few days until the merge !

1 Like

It’s always sad to see “this airline was” on a Wikipedia page. Since Scoot is not part of Value Alliance, does the alliance have one less carrier?

1 Like

there is still tiger air in Australia :)
interesting wikepida article by the way

1 Like

Yeah, I know that. They are also part of the Value Alliance 🙂

1 Like

It’s highly likely that Scoot is going to be part of Value Alliance. As Tigerair Singapore have transferred their ICAO and IATA code to Scoot and not to mention some interline agreements and codeshares between their members. And I guess Scoot’s entry to Value Alliance is already planned as Value Alliance was formed around the time SIA (Under Budget Aviation Holdings which also owns Scoot) acquired the rest of the stakes at Tigerair Singapore.

1 Like

It will be great to see such a major airline joining the Value Alliance. I wish more budget airlines outside of Asia Pacific also joined.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.