Ticketing System for VAs on Infinite Flight

I think it would be really cool that if in the future it could be possible where you could like go to a IF VA website of your choice and book a flight and the day that you want to fly, that route is flown by a pilot on that VA.

How would I get the money to buy that ticket?
We could use our XP on our live subscriptions as money. Of course there could always be some other way.
So this might require a live account?
Most likely
How long after global would this be?
If the devs were to develop this, it would definitely be a long while after global.

I really hope you guys consider this and not just look on the cons of developing this and the cons in this in general, but look at the optimistic side. :)

Happy landings,
Ryan

2 Likes

I think some VAs already offer this but you don’t get XP for flying on their plane.

You don’t get XP you pay for the ticket with your XP.

2 Likes

What VA’s offer this?

2 Likes

I think southwest, I’m not too sure though

Who is the CEO of SW virtual? I might want to PM them to confirm this

1 Like

That may interfere with the grading system. Too complicated? Maybe some other form of currency. In order for this to happen some sort of passenger mode would need to be implemented. A basic version of this could just be the wing/engine views.

5 Likes

The passenger does not need to ride on the plane but they can. They just need to buy the ticket and unless some other form of currency comes out, XP would probably be sufficient.

1 Like

CEO is @CaptJackson
You can find info about their booking here:
http://swvirtualbooking.weebly.com

1 Like

I think this would be way too difficult to implement. VA’s are most likely better off having their own ranking system and rewards based off of routes flown, legs completed, flight time, etc.

3 Likes

I just applies for SW Virtual’s rapid reward program and I am thinking about booking a flight so actually @Bobby it is possible :)

1 Like

Why implement a feature into a flight simulator if it’s just for one VA? SWA Virtual could have a program where you book flights through their website, and then you are rewarded flight time/virtual currency once that leg is completed, either by you or another pilot.

1 Like

It is not just for one VA. It could be all. Never think on the downside always think on the upside.

1 Like

Devs don’t officially endorse VAs so I doubt this would happen, it is probably better to bring this up with the IFVARB and consider making it a requirement or making an open source client for all VAs to use

3 Likes

This feature is called “Booking a flight” some VA’s have this, and others dont. My VA has this feature and im sure southwest also has this, basically this is all up to the CEO to implment into the VA to make the experinece better :).

1 Like

Here at SouthWest, all booked flight are free. I do see that you have covered who our CEO is. I’m not sure who else has a booking department but to my knowledge we are the only VA With one. Feel free to tell me if there are others with one. If you have any questions ask Capt_Jackson or me at any time.

What other VA’s have a booking system?

1 Like

Chris’ VA SoFlo air, Travelsky, Frontier to name a few :)

2 Likes

awesome just pm me a complete list if possible! Still waiting for my rapid rewards account info…

2 Likes

It should be given to you within two weeks. If i’m correct. Plus I would also like a list as well. Always wanted to know how many VA’s had a Booking Department.