Throwback Monday | 737-700

Welcome to Throwback Thurs- I mean, Monday! I decided to take the AirTran 737-700 for a spin. I never use it, due to the fact that this livery is no longer in the sky, thanks to Southwest. I wanted to do a realistic route from Indianapolis to Orlando, but accidentally set the flight plan to Atlanta and only realized when I was on final. The airline may have flown the route in real life too, but this flight wasn’t supposed to happen. Enjoy the pictures, and take in the wonders of the AirTran 737-700!

Summary

Aircraft: 737-700
Route: KIND-KATL
Callsign: Citrus 922 🍊
Flight Time: 1:34

What picture was your favorite? And do you like the livery?

-ButterMachine

14 Likes

Wow this really threw me back lol. Lovely pictures!!

2 Likes

Haha, same here!

1 Like

Glad to see AirTran in the photo category I rarely seen people do it :/

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why I decided to do it.

1 Like

Nice pictures!!! Great to see AirTran back in the skies

1 Like

I believe it was a real route although it may have been done on the 717. AirTran had a hub in Atlanta and when they merged with Southwest the hub transferred to them. Southwest has lots of movement out of Atlanta now but there didn’t used to be a ton

1 Like

Delta had nothing to do with Air Tran not being around anymore. They merged with Southwest Airlines.

3 Likes

when you accidentally fly to the wrong destination

3 Likes

Yeah, it was Southwest that caused the removals of that livery from the skies. Delta just got the 717’s

2 Likes

When you realize that you typed Delta instead of Southwest, as well as going to the wrong destination.

1 Like

@DeltaCs100 @JacksonAviation @ClassicAirlinerLover Don’t worry, it was just a test to make sure you were paying attention. 😂

3 Likes

Thanks. I was just saying especially since my dad taught for Delta on the 717 before moving to the A220

1 Like

Soulds like Northwest Airlines to me😂

1 Like

Fantasy pictures 📷

But i must know, how did you only realise you were at the wrong airport on final? Do you not check your flight plan all the time?

2 Likes

Nice pictures! That is the first time I have seen anyone fly an AirTran livery.

1 Like

So, recently I was doing a AirTran flight to Atlanta, and thought that I was going there instead. So I checked the flight plan and everything l, made sure I was going to Atlanta, then on final I realized I should have gone to MCO.

I’ve never heard of AirTran before, nice pictures!

1 Like