Throttle Problems (maybe)

Hello!

I just took off from KLAX and am cruising at FL370, heading north. The throttle was set at 63%, but it quickly went down to 52% and then all the way up to 100%. It stayed like that for 30 seconds before going back to 63%. It just went up to 86% and back down to 75%. Now, it’s back up to 81%. As far as I could tell, there was no change in wind. What do you think happened?

Thanks!

1 Like

Most likely some quick turbulence in the area if you didn’t encounter significant wind changes, that can cause your throttle to adjust during cruise.

Do you happen to be flying an A320 family aircraft? The autopilot throttling on the A320 family is quite aggressive, which could explain why you went all the way to 100% throttle quickly.

2 Likes

I’m currently flying a B739. Doesn’t look like there is any turbulence.

1 Like

Probably some light turbulence or a slight adjustment in the wind direction/velocity. As far as I’m aware there aren’t any throttle bugs as of now (but I could be wrong).

2 Likes

Yeah, the winds were at 5 knots, went down to 0, and up to 21 just now (note they happened suddenly, not gradually). I think that’s it.

1 Like

I checked and this is a known issue and is actively being worked on.

1 Like

Yeah @Chris_S I had a similar issue a few days ago. Different plane. Let me know if you need a replay or anything.

1 Like

No the developers are aware.

1 Like