Throttle hunting/aircraft porpoising on autopilot

Background 50hrs on solo mode. Iphone7 current ios …
Signed up for live 2 days ago, and problem started. Both jet/turbo equipment will not allow auropilot speed set. (B737/E170/C208. Throttle jumps up/down 40% or more.
Have reinstalled app, cleared ram.
All other AP functions normal. And all controls/performance normal when hand fly.
Note- this occurs on live and solo.

Perhaps give us a few screenshots or a video? This can help us help you better :).

1 Like

Agreed with Chris. So is it just the autopilot not working properly on those aircraft?

Screenshot won’t show movement of slider, and I don’t have a clue how to video. 😳

Just auropilot speed. All other functions normal.

This happens when you hit crazy wind gusts and can make the auto throttle go crazy so it can maintain the speed you want as the winds push the aircraft around making it harder to achieve your desired airspeed.

This also might corrupt files, last resort is to reinstall the app. Dont worry you dont need to buy everything again or restore purchases, you just have to download all the aircraft again.
Happy flying!

2 Likes

Can you set the wind to 0? Try it after that.

1 Like

This is happening to me in all aircraft in solo and live and in all aircraft

Does the autopilot just not turn on or the throttle is just jumping a little bit? If so please look at Chiefs post above about why that is.

1 Like

Will do a solo without WX inputs and advise

1 Like

If you go on solo then go into weather on the pause screen move all the sliders to the left then try to put it on autopilot.

1 Like

Windy: wind and waves forecast by Windyty, SE

You can use this app when creating you Flight Plan to help you avoid winds! Hope this helps! 😊

2 Likes

Thanks for the inputs! Chief305 called it. WX turbulence was moderate…set it to nil in solo mode and all systems go. Teach me to fly in the Windy City! “The Hawk, the almighty Hawk”. (lyrics sung by Lou Rawls). Appreciate you all!?..Solved

Please click on chiefs post as the solution to help other IFC members with this problem out!

Thanks
Bo

1 Like

Mine has done that before also. You need to take hand control of the aircraft and level off and set speed. Then, resume NAV autopilot.

1 Like