Three violations for being AFK

So I just came to share that I went AFK to have dinner while flying and my plane started descending while I was gone so I got 3 level 1 violations for overspeeding as I went under 10.000ft.

I’m honestly just mad at myself and now I gotta live with 3 violations until next year, yaaaay 🤦🏽‍♂️

4 Likes

It’s all a learning experience. Always remember to not turn on VNAV until you are at your device for descent. Happy flying!

6 Likes

Lesson learned: Stay. Aware. During. Descent.

7 Likes

Not doing that anymore 😂

Never to forget it again

1 Like

Or, in short, be SADD

4 Likes

I’m laughing but inside I’m crying

1 Like

I know how you feel but a excellent learning experience for sure!

1 Like

Yes, never turn VNAV on before you’re ready to descend 😅

@SollAriuum If its any consolation, it happened to me three times all with 3 violations (9 violations added to my record) since the new VNAV system was bought in IF. First time I learnt my lesson, second time was slowing down the speed frantically but failed in time in a 777 but still occurred 3 violations nevertheless &the other time was when I was distracted when I had the VNAV on 😂😂😂 Happens to the best of all of us!
Now I only switch that VNAV option when I’m not gonna be distracted by anything else for the next 20 mins - minimum of 5 miles TOD.

It’s a rule I stuck to it and I haven’t had any problems since 😎

1 Like

@Nate_Schneller very wise advice there. Couldn’t put it any better - SADD😁

2 Likes

Gotta be honest your comment actually helped me a lot, glad to see it happened with someone else 🤣🤣🤣

But yea, lesson learned. NEVER EVER TURN ON VNAV BEFORE UR READY TO LAND

1 Like

One more thing: do NOT turn on VNAV when you are about to sleep

but bring extra fuel if ur plane proceeds to fly beyond ur destination.

2 Likes

Well, one thing I do is turn on VNAV, and then sit with the device about 30 mins before ETA.(Because VNAV will make your plane start descending about 20-15 mins before ETA)

1 Like

Haha I feel bad. The same thing happened to me and I had to wait one year as well. Unfortunately it is what it is and you learn from your mistakes.

1 Like

It has happen to me, but it learning and from then I never let turn on my VNAV

1 Like

hmm why not eat AND do your thing?

OOF, I have done that before, when I was a grade two, and I was just learning the ropes on the training server, about the speed thing, below 10,000 feet!

Great learning experience!!

1 Like

I did this too. When I tell you I wanted to cry!! I was so hurt

1 Like

tbh, this happens to everyone at least once in their IF career.

(those who have no violations are either perfect or the devil, and as Jaiden Animations would say, I don’t trust any of you so stay back.)

1 Like