Three Dead following Firefighting C-130 crash in Australia

The New South Wales Royal Fire Service is reporting that one of their C-130 aircraft has crashed whilst fighting fires in the Snowy Mountains region (Australia’s alpine region) just south of Canberra.
EO732xxUcAIADsD

A number of helicopters are in the area searching for the downed aircraft which was last seen south of Canberra. There is believed to be no survivors

EO8XD15UcAE4t04

Please don’t turn this into speculation on what brought the plane down, people have died trying to save people and property in this bushfire season.

44 Likes

According to ABC news the plane that may have went down is a C130. My prayers go out to those that might be affected by this

4 Likes

Looks like a C-130 from what I’ve seen. Hope everyone is okay. Truly horrible news.

4 Likes

Yeh looking at it I think it’s certain it was C-130.

4 Likes

Crap coulson C130 tanker 134

5 Likes

3 Likes

This is terrible :(

2 Likes

Currently tracking this with friends, from what we know it was a C-130 working in the Snowy Monaro region ground teams and helicopters are trying get to the C-130

3 Likes

So so sad :(

3 Likes

P8 is involved with the SAR

4 Likes

The government is now aware

5 Likes

If anybody is interested, the aircraft in question is N134CG and wore a spectacular livery…

10 Likes

I hate they painted it, it looked so much better as a rot rod

4 Likes

Helicopters and ground ambulances are enroute according to local media, 3 SOBs were onboard

3 Likes

Wreckage of Tanker 134 has been confirmed found the teams are now enroute still

2 Likes

Apparently the aircraft was on fire when it crashed, only the tail of the aircraft is left…

3 Likes

There are no survivors…

Rest in Peace

2 Likes

3 SOB have passed Coulson is grounding their fleet

1 Like

Their C130 fleet, or whole fleet?

1 Like

3 people have been confirmed dead in the crash, and the wreck has been found.

2 Likes