Thousand Days - 5 Years IFC

Thousand Days - 5 Years IFC

Dear All,

First of all I’d like to say that this is a personal post and nothing official. But on this day, half a decade ago on May 10th, 2015, I joined the Infinite Flight Community. In addition to my 5 year IFC anniversary I am also happy to celebrate another number in 2 days: 1000 active days on the IFC.

In fact, it’s not just me who can celebrate 5 years on the IFC this months. We all can celebrate the 5 year anniversary of the IFC as it was officially launched at the beginning of May 2015. What a time it’s been! It started as a small group and has turned into a gigantic community with more than 40’000 users in the last 5 years. The Infinite Flight Community is a place where we all can all share our common hobby and passion: Infinite Flight and aviation.

I met a lot of great people here on the IFC and I also had the opportunity to grow personally. I am proud to be able to contribute to this community in my role as a moderator. But you don’t have to be a moderator to take an active role here. It is always impressive to see how users on this platform support each other, be it here on the community, VAs and VOs or ATC Training.

But not only the IFC has evolved over the last 5 years. IFATC, IFVARB, IFAET, all the Virtual Airlines and many more: This community has created and developed many great organizations. And of course Infinite Flight itself. Our community has played a decisive role here, too, because if you take a look at our staff members, there are also some people who started as users here on the IFC.

Not all too often you will find an online forum where users still actively participate every day, even years after they have joined. I would therefore like to mention some of the very early users who joined the IFC in the first two months after its creation and who are still active in a community role here. Please forgive me if I have forgotten someone. Congratulations and thank you for all your work here!

• @Alexei - PreflightIF Developer and Long Term Community Member
  • @azeeuwnl - IFATC Supervisor
  • @Cameron - Infinite Flight Developer / Allrounder, LiveFlight Creator
  • @Chatta290 - IFVARB Member and IFATC
  • @Damian - IFC Moderator, flies planes, says sorry a lot
  • @Danman - IFVARB Admin
  • @David_Lockwood - Long Term Community Member
  • @Erj145 - Long Term Community Member
  • @Heavydriver - ATC Moderator
  • jarno80 - Infinite Flight 3D Mastermind
  • @jasonrosewell - Infinite Flight Staff, posts blogs and communicates
  • @Joe - ATC Moderator
  • @JoshFly8 - Does kinda everything, IFATC Mastermind
  • @Julio_Cesar - IFAET and IFATC
  • @Kevinsoto1502 - IFATC
  • Laura - CEO and Co-Founder of Infinite Flight
  • @Maxmustang - The one and only
  • @MishaCamp - Infinite Flight Staff and dog owner, FNF genius
  • @nmasterson - Long Term Community Member
  • philippe - CTO and Co-Founder of Infinite Flight
  • @Recxx - Long Term Community Member
  • rgba8 - Infinite Flight Developer, renders things
  • @Ryan_E - Airport Editing Manager
  • @Snow_Cone - IFATC
  • @Tyler_Shelton - Infinite Flight Staff, controls planes in real life and virtual, Tutorial Voice
  • @Zach_S - IFATC

See you around! To the next 5 years, cheers!
Marc

120 Likes

Congratulations, Marc! 5 Years is alot. We are so happy to have you here!

7 Likes

Congratulations @Marc!

1000 days active, and a loved moderator!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

2 Likes

Congrats on 5 years! 5 years is more than a third of my life… wow. It’s been a great five years, and here’s to the next 5 to come! 🎉🎉🎉

3 Likes

Congratulations on five years on IFC!

1 Like

Congrats Marc 🥳 Thanks for your service to the forum and to another 1000!
Happy Flying 🙃
Cign

1 Like

Congrats, Marc! Härzliche Glückwunsch

Five years is a long time and a huge milestone! It was really nice to meet you IRL at Heathrow even though we’re about 20 minutes away from each other. Hopefully there are many more years to come.

1 Like

Congrats! Looks like i joined in the same date as you but 1 year later. Close enough

1 Like

I would disown you if i could.

<3

20 Likes

Congrats on five years! It’s kind of amazing how time has flown, no pun intended! One thing that definitely sets infinite flight apart is the community, - I don’t really know any other app that generated so much involvement, aside maybe from domains like open source software development and language ecosystems. And on that note, it’s good to see familiar faces here still after a long time

Thanks also for the shout out, was unexpected but really nice; I’ve reduced my involvement over time due to - well, being busy with life more than anything, but still read the forums and fly, and of course maintain my app :)

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Aww, that’s the nicest thing someone ever said to me!

5 Likes

Truly a great Community since the statt! Congrats Marc 😊

2 Likes

And I just think its awesome how over the years the community has grown and most of these users are still very active and it is an awesome feeling to be part of this list! Truly amazing🙌

3 Likes

Congratulations @Marc! 🎂🍾

I have 248 days left to join 1,000 days on IFC Squad haha 😉

IFC is a really awesome family!

1 Like

Congratulations Marc, you have come a long way, and even though I have not been here even half the time of you, you have been friendly, helpful, and loyal to all the community members and your companions here, as well as devote yourself to events and the such. I hope you can take these 1000 days as a gift, and that I hope your love for this game and the community will keep on growing.

I also hope to see you at another community event! (Ps. Bring chocolate without nuts in it, I’m allergic to them)

1 Like

Great achievement seeing us all still here and enjoying this community. Throughout the years many come and go but we haven’t lost touch. Here’s to many more years 🤙🏼

1 Like

Huh, @Marc is getting old 🤔

Jk

Thanks for what you do and congratulations on 1,000 days!

1 Like

Congratulations @Marc on 1000 days and your upcoming 5th anniversary on the IFC!

1 Like

I’m SoRrY sIr BuT i MuSt FlAg YoUr ToPiC aS iT iS nOt ReLaTeD tO iNfInItE fLiGhT

AlSo YoU cAn JuSt PoSt ThIs In ThE LiNkEd ToPiC

For Whom Are You Thankful In The Community

kidding heehee. Congrats on 5 years! yaaay 🎉🎉🎉

7 Likes