Thoughts on the A340-600

I love the A340. In IF? Not so much. The physics are horrendous, you can barely maintain a 3’ glide slope without it gaining altitude. To be honest, I’m not exactly sure why it wasn’t softly reworked at the same time as the A330.

If it got a soft rework like the A330, I would be flying it all day Everyday. It’s one of my favourite aircraft.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s one of my favorites as well but it badly needs a rework. And more liveries. Iberia would be nice.

2 Likes

@AlphaSeven @Altaria55 @AliAlex Thank you for your inputs!:)

The A346 is slow to climb due to its weight. It’s still far better than the -300 & -400 but saying that the climb performance is excellent isn’t true.

We’re talking about the A340 family, don’t expect much from it except from range lol

Sorry mate but I hate it, bloody disgusting in my opinion… I like calling it the pencilplane

1 Like

It’s really not a terrible climber, it really isn’t. It’s not overpowered like the 77W by any means but it does its job. For one it’s an excellent hot and high performer, just ask SAA.

About the A346: It’s an aircraft with terrible economics, which is why it got beat out by the 77W, but superb range and performance, and is a pretty cool aircraft. Given the A340 thread is now locked, perhaps we could look forward to an A340 rework.

1 Like

Agreed @TOGA

All opinions are welcome bro @Rian16

1 Like

Yes, last time i landeded one, the world seens so beautyfull upside down

The 340 needs a Full rework!!!

2 Likes

To be honest, the aircraft is dying in the real world, most of em are scrapped, It’s very sensless to rework an aircraft that isn’t popular.

I just don’t fly it cause of it’s physics, especially during landing. The model is also outdated. Would love to fly this

2 Likes

Simple answer. Old model. Needs a rework.

Would love to see 747 and the A340 have a live cockpit in the future

Even the engine cone is copy pasted.

2 Likes

Well the thread was locked early and it seems like many want a rework, plus the fact that they’re being scrapped gives another reason as to why they should be reworked.

1 Like

So using that logic, we shouldn’t be reworking the 767? I mean they’re disappearing too so there’s no point reworking it?

The greatness of a simulator is that it gives you the ability to fly whatever route, aircraft, and airline you want. Having more and more legendary aircraft reworked will make the flying experience even better.

4 Likes

^^ This right here. A rework enables people to experience aircraft they never would’ve been able to experience in real life. I was fortunate enough to have been on the A346 twice in real life but I can’t say the same for other enthusiasts out there. What’s not to experience about a large, long haul quadjet? The IF community like long haul widebodies, and the A346 is one, so what’s wrong with the possibility of having a reworked one in game?

4 Likes

The A340 is such an amazing aircraft. Better than every A350 or B787. I‘d fly it all the time if it had better physics.

2 Likes

It’s still far better than the -300 & -400 but saying that the climb performance is excellent isn’t true.

What’s an A340-400?

2 Likes

An A340-300 but it’s cursed and it’s from a parallel universe.

Haha thanks I did it to make sure you correctly read my comment cough cough

I meant the -200 & -300 and of course the famous -8000.