Thoughts on Alaska Airlines taking over Virgin America?

Tell me what you think about it?

3 Likes

Looks like a smart merger to me. Will both the brands still exist?

5 Likes

I think they said it will then they changed their minds but honestly who no’s companies change their minds all the time 😂

5 Likes

I’m excited to see an Alaskan a320.

8 Likes

Tasty stuff. Wierd because one is a LCC and the other one is kind of a semi-LCC

1 Like

Well, Alaska Airlines will be more bigger, can’t wait to see an Alaska A320.

3 Likes

Yeah me too , i think it will look a bit strange at first !

1 Like

Wait, what happened? will they convert there liveries?

I’m pretty sure this is going to be a merger similar to AT&T & T-Mobile. They both merged together, yet still separate companies.

Virgin will technically be owned by alaska but still act as a separate airline.

1 Like

Yes that’s how most mergers work however we don’t know it they will do that or merge it into Alaska and get rid of Virgin America

3 Likes

A part of me feels the new Alaskan livery was created with the A320 in mind. I could never picture an A320 in their older livery.

5 Likes

This acquisition seems positive. Seems like all the airlines are getting bigger by this. American and us airways. Northwest and delta

1 Like

I hope they keep the virgin America livery and keep a hub at SFO!

1 Like

I think Alaskan will replace Virgin’s NEO orders for the MAXs. I think they’ll keep the Virgin brand alive until they phase out the a320s

2 Likes

I thought it was a merger

1 Like

Alaska Air Group bought Virgin America.
Alaska Airlines and Virgin America are owned by Alaska Air Group
Alaska Air Group decided to merge Alaska Airlines and Virgin America.
Virgin America acquisition by Alaska Air Group has not been completed.

3 Likes

To be completely honest, I don’t care unless Virgin America turns into a “trash” airline.

I’ve been following he stocks the day before Virgin was at huge low for a while then started getting better. Stocks also dropped even though fuel prices were lower. :/

Alaskan is doing alright though.

1 Like

Don’t know why AS dropped over 2 billion dollars on something that didn’t make money except last year. The brand and customer base isn’t worth that much.

1 Like

There won’t be an Alaska a320. Alaska has an all Boeing fleet. The more the different types of planes, the higher the costs. Alaska bought out virgin America so they will probably sell the a320s because they are fairly new and will also probably cancel the NEO orders too.

3 Likes

Alaska said they’re going to keep Virgin America separate, but I was really hoping to see Alaska A320s.

2 Likes