Thoughts on 13.1.3...

Since .2 i’ve noticed performance degradation on IF with frame rates with FR limiter on.
With a 10s MAX even with FR limit on, frame rates were pretty decent even in busy airports.
Now I have to turn off FR limiter for it to be playable at lower altitudes/ground level. (high altitudes it’s fine) and the device heats up a lot.
Havent noticed any improvement since .3

4 Likes

Do you use a case on your device when running Infinite Flight? Do you have all settings on high, with anti-aliasing on alongside with the frame limiter?

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Using 2018 iPad Pro hardware and have frame rate issues along with Device Memory Low messages at the start of almost every session with 13.1.3 starting from 13.1

2 Likes

Yeah should have said, everything on high and anti-aliasing on.

1 Like

@Jomo_Kenyatta If you haven’t had that before, it’s more likely to be something to do with iOS (starting from 13.1) and not the App.

@danielsun36 seemed to be obvious for me but had to clarify it.

What about the case for both of you? Do you have any case at all on your devices?

Yeah have a case. It would still heat up with or without the case though

1 Like

I can’t remember the proper wording but it might have something to do with CPU throttling.

Dynamic frequency scaling is a technique in computer architecture whereby the frequency of a microprocessor can be automatically adjusted “on the fly” depending on the actual needs, to conserve power and reduce the amount of heat generated by the chip.

So, the system “slows down”, basically reduces performance. This is to prevent the device from overheating as well as to prevent damage to the battery. Heat can cause damage to the battery which then reduces its health resulting in reduced battery life.

Based on this article, from iOS 11.3 this can be disabled, but I wouldn’t recommend it myself.

1 Like

Does it happen when you are at a non-busy airport or in solo mode? Some of the lag you may be experiencing may be due to your network loading planes.

The developers are aware of the warnings with the release of the latest Apple updates. They are looking into the situation.

2 Likes

Seen that already. My battery is normal and at 100% capacity checking the health status.

1 Like

Yes even with no other traffic around. Literally a deserted airport, I get a poor frame rate to the extent it ruins playability.

Can you share your graphics settings?

Any way you can record a video of the lag?

1 Like

The game has been freezing for a few seconds, occasionally. This was at CYWG with only one other aircraft present.

1 Like

Update: Game just crashed.

I’m on 13.2 and I haven’t noticed any performance degradation. Out of curiosity what is your batter health? With 13.1 they enabled battery health throttling on the Xs, so if your battery health is poor that could be a factor, but it would take some pretty hard use to do that much damage in a year or less…

1 Like

Since I have updated to 13.1.3 on my Ipad (6th Gen) I got a random low memory warning even though I only had Safari running in the background today. I haven’t received this warning since.

And as for 13.1.2 I never had any performance issues with it.

1 Like

Low memory is referring to disc space (well it’s solid state, but who’s keeping track), RAM space is cleared as it’s needed, iOS has fantastic RAM management, so try to clear off some apps, or photos to get that to go away…

The battery health has nothing to do with thermal throttling, it will automatically throttle to protect the internals, and it can get pretty warm before that would kick in. I think we should remember that these chips are super powerful and super compact, they produce a lot of heat, and are entirely passively cooled, that pretty much means the back of your phone is the heatsink, so if it’s hot I wouldn’t worry about it, it will slow down before it does any damage, so if possible take off the case, because that can help it release the heat, and just generally try to keep it in a cool environment whare it can dissipate that heat well, it should do the rest…

1 Like

Its a brand new device that I bought this July, which currently has 15 GB of storage space available. It only has about 18 photos and 20 apps on it.

At the time of this warning I only had Safari running in the background and when I spawned into Calgary today this warning showed up and all of the graphics settings were on low.

The only thing I did was restarted IF and haven’t seen this warning again.

Nothing new for IF

1 Like

Same issue here; newest iPad Pro with 13.1.3; lags… it ran perfectly before

1 Like