Open @ KBNA.
Please let me know how I’m doing!
Open @ KBNA.
I’ll join in in less then 10 minutes :)
Great, thank you.
Meh… Might pass for a few…
I’m going to drop down for a touch n go at KMOY and back up for a transition ( after this next touch n go)
Come on, don’t be those guys who use fighter jets for a first time. Let the trainee start with some smaller planes and gradually move on.
I came for a little bit.
- Prompt response with commands
- I taxied through grass and you failed to notice it
- No traffic direction given with takeoff clearance
- No sequencing
- No cleared for the option/landing clearance
Overall, I feel that you should definitely continue to practice, and using a thread like this is the right way to do so!
Great! Thanks for all the help.
Alright, so when someone requests pattern work, you give them either left traffic or right traffic which indicates the direction for circuits/going around the airport to land again for touch and go.
Got it, thank you.
Okay so a few questions… Have you read the IFATC public manual and have you read/seen any ATC tutorials?
Good afternoon, Sorry If I’m going to point out some of the things said before by other users.
a) Lacks of pattern instruction, and the use of “left traffic / right traffic” command for those who are staying in the pattern.
b) I requested a touch & go and you gave me a “cleared to land” command, the correct command would be “cleared for the option”. This command allows the pilot to land or preform a touch and go.
c) I would recommend learning how to use the sequencing command. I was behind GREENDAY, the sequencing command would of instructed me to follow him and stay behind him. Additionally, you instructed me to turn onto right base when I was hundreds of feets away from him.
Have a good day, goodluck with your ATC journey!
Thanks for the help and feedback. I’ll make sure I read the tutorials and try to implement the right procedures in from now on. Much appreciated!
Ok So I got some Feedback
- No sequencing at the beginning
- On takeoff or touch and go you would clear my takeoff with left or right pattern which would say which side of the runway I’d use.
- When I transitioned, you cleared it for 10000ft which is pretty high, usually it would be at a minimum of 2000ft AGL or 3000ft.
- If you didn’t know what a transition is, it is a Passover over an airport.
- You cleared me for landing when I was transitioning which I hadn’t requested. I was also commanded to go around when I was on Right crosswind
- You told me that I was number 2 for runway 20R when no aircraft were ahead of me
- You told the F-22 to enter right base runway 20R when I was on right base already, (you should’ve made him go land on 20C for spacing
- I was told to contact ground after exiting the taxiway which should’ve been told a little bit earlier
- I requested a touch and go and I was not given the option in which I was cleared to land.
On the positive side
- You were quick in response
- You learned from your mistakes halfway through and started using sequences
- You made a perfect Parallel approach with the F22 and the Airbus
- You were good with the ground frequency
Good Luck for the Future!
I Really appreciate all of your help and patience! I’ll try and improve in the future, thank you!
Thank you for all your help and patience!
Quick question, what response should I have given when you taxied through the grass? Thank you kindly for the feedback!
You could’ve when to Misc Messages and clicked “This is not a Taxiway”