Burning Man festival is happening right now in Black Rock, Nevada US through the end of the week. Though it exists in perpetuity in the IF Universe, the real-world Black Rock City Airport (88NV) exists only 2 weeks a year during the festival.
*Photo credit: http://galleries.burningman.org/pages/view.php?ref=42464
To maximize your roleplay, choose any of the following briefings to embark on your mission.
Black Rock City Airport (88NV) – note that the only spawns in IF are on the runway at this airfield.
- Simple. You are an attendee of the festival. Fly to BRC from any airfield in any GA aircraft of your choosing.
- Quick. You are piloting for Burning Sky, the camp of skydivers at the festival. Load up a C208 at BRC. Takeoff and circle the city (just NE of the airport) until FL130. Make a passing run to drop skydivers, decend, and land back are the airport. (https://burningsky.org/Fireflies)
- You are running charters for Burner Express Air (https://burnerexpress.burningman.org/burner-express-air-information/). Hop into a C208 (the only IF aircraft flown by the charter company) and run passengers to the festival. Make return trips if you wish. Select from any departure points:
- Reno-Tahoe Int’l (KRNO) – FBO Atlantic Aviation
- Oakland Int’l (KOAK) – FBO Signature Flight
- San Carlos (KSQL) – any north GA stand
- Bob Hope Airport, Burbank (KBUR) – FBO Atlantic Aviation
Many traveling to the festival by way of commercial airlines pass through Reno-Tahoe International (KRNO), who reports that the festival brings the airport’s busiest time of year. If commercial flights are more up your alley, here is a route map and list of airlines servicing KRNO: