This needs to change

I hate having to make a topic like this, but I truly feel the need for it.
Almost every time I fly into a crowded ATC airspace on expert I have a disappointing experience. Wether it’s approach not being able to handle planes or ground issuing hold position commands for no reason, the level of unprofessionalism on expert has truly gone down. Today at Honolulu approach literally forgot about me. It’s only when I was like 60nm away that I checked in and got a priority approach. Worse, I once was ghosted for checking in too often and the controller said « Approach will never forget about you ». Well today they did forget about me and it completely ruined my flight.
I’d like to see more professionalism on the expert server as well as more realistic procedures being used when able. I’m tired of landing on a runway that doesn’t exist or isn’t used IRL. I have now decided to take a break from flying into ATC airspace because of this.
Hopefully our lovely IFATC team can ensure these types of situations don’t happen in the future.
Cheers!

This post is not created to insult or make fun on IFATC controllers. It was created to bring awareness about what needs to change.

18 Likes

Well and reasonably stated, I understand how you’re feeling.

Had the same thing happen to me quite a few times and I have to say that I completely agree with you on this. Some IFATC officers don’t deserve that position, whereas some deserve more. Comes down to luck if you were to get vectored into an airport by a good IFATC Officer.

6 Likes

It is true, IFATC are being overworked and this is the main cause. That is why we need more IFATC to keep it staffed. I truly understand as this also happened to me at Honolulu.

1 Like

They do deserve it if they pass their tests. If supervisors or above deem they are not fit further action will be taken. All controllers are subjected to demotion if needed.

14 Likes

Hello! While the lovely IFATC officers do a great job and work hard to get you down to the ground nobody is perfect. I’m sure you have made mistakes in game and when you have 25 aircraft asking you to do something you might not always be number 1 priority. Please keep in mind that no one is perfect and we try our hardest to get things done quickly, not always realistically.

13 Likes

The problem is that too many rookies are being allowed to control at these big FNF airports. Note that I’ve seen controllers who’ve been controlling for a long time still giving unprofessional service.

1 Like

Please explain today’s situation then.

1 Like

I agree, there are sometimes kinda unprofessional ATC’s which ruin our flights. Hopefully IFATC team will improve their applying system to make our experiences more professional with better ATC’s.

Instagram: InfiniteFlight_Shots

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had to experience this. All IFATC members are trained throughly and if they aren’t fit they will face proper consequences. We’re all human here and we make mistakes.

4 Likes

I understand everyone makes mistakes, but I’ve seen controllers who have been controlling for a very long time still control poorly.

1 Like

If so, bring this up to a supervisor and they will be able to take this up to the appropriate folks for further action.

2 Likes

Hey there, pretty much all of the time the IFATC know where you are, and are always trying there hardest. Today at Honolulu, being the FNF hub, the IFATC are very busy, handling up 25 planes at one time. So in your case, don’t spam the frequency, and just let the controller do what they have to do. They are still human, and make mistakes; no ones perfect. Use this as a learning experience rather then something that will put you down. Don’t forget, if you have any feedback from an poor ATC experience, be sure to PM the controller in a nice way. We try our hardest every session, and try to get better.
Kailas

7 Likes

Remember that IFATC use all runways of the airport, with exceptions like when a TFR is on.
We dont have to do real life procedures, like make you land in a runway that in real life isnt used.

4 Likes

This is why I propose a REALISM SERVER being added to IF. No ATC, and nothing but realism, enforced through violations

Realism police rejoice over this, we could all use it!

3 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

It isn’t easy getting into IFATC.

Never said that.

4 Likes

Just pointing out.

1 Like

They are humans too, and tend to make mistakes.

1 Like

I agree with you here but it’s important to understand the perspective of let’s say the ground controller. As a rookie IFATC apprentice, I made a big mistake of opening up a hub in my first few days and I will never do it again because I embarrassed myself. The most important part that I learned was to never let the pilots down and I felt that I did a disservice to them. Thank you for posting this, I believe its important for all to talk about this :)

7 Likes