This just flew over my school!

I heard a plane coming so I got out my iPad to take a photo, and as soon as camera was up I saw the plane… It appeared to be doing pattern work @ YMRY. I have never seen this plane before - escpecially around YMRY airport. Here’s the photo of FR24:

(It didn’t have a photo - so I decided to crop it because the image was too big)

And some photos of the actual plane:

I think it’s a C-130, correct me if I’m wrong. What do you think it was doing? YMRY is certainly not a big airfield…

9 Likes

It looks like a C-130 and it probably was doing assault landings

3 Likes

It is a C-130, you are correct. Im surprised that there is public record of the flight. The fact that a military aircraft made it to FR24 is kind of surprising.

2 Likes

It’s just weird that it was practising at YMRY because I don’t think it’s ever been there before…

They use short strips to practice them or it could be doing simulated air drops.

1 Like

I was surprised to, I didn’t think it’d show up but I checked anyways and it did.

Yeah ik @Aussie_Wombat it’s very wried for that area

1 Like

That is a bit more likely, assault landings wouldn’t really suit YMRY.

1 Like

Very cool, do the military ever use this airport? Maybe they’re doing training.

1 Like

No, the military haven’t really ever used this airport.

1 Like

We sometimes get military heli’s but never planes…

Great! Now I know where to find you! See you soon :)

5 Likes

It’s probably from Nowra Military Airport just up the Coast, doing some form of training exercises down at YMRY.

YMRY is a nice empty airport, uncontrolled, with runway 36/18 actually being extremely long for that type of field in Australia.

Also, category to Real World Aviation

2 Likes

You’re closer to me probably. 123 Sesame Street, New York, NY, 10084.

3 Likes

Don’t give private info about Sesame Street!

4 Likes

Sorry, can’t help it! :p

3 Likes

So wait, are you in NYC or was that a lie. My sarcasm detector isn’t functioning properly

3 Likes

Are you replying to me or @Kevin

2 Likes

I mean, I replied to him. The thing with this forum is when you reply to someone right after they say something, it won’t give you the little arrow on top saying it’s aimed at someone. I understand where the confusion is.

4 Likes

The most annoying feature on this forum @Robertdiaz123. See, I even had to tag you to let you know I’m talking to you cos of the lack of arrow!

5 Likes