This is not a taxi way (help)

I was forced to cancel my flight a while ago. I was told twice “ this is not a taxi way” by controller ADDY28 at RJFM airport. Followed by a “ please check tutorials on using atc instructions”. So here I am with 4000 hrs of flight time in IF and please help me understand how or where should I taxi. I took screen shot of where I was taxiing wrong according to controller. Please help. image image

You’re not centered on the taxiway line. The double yellow line is a border line, you are supposed to taxi centered on the single yellow. This does seem a bit over the top considering there isn’t any other aircraft around (in the picture at least).

Next time do not create a support topic on this, as it isn’t an app issue. Just PM @ADDY28 next time.

4 Likes

Yep, the controller did seem to react a bit too much… but like @SF34 said, make sure you’re taxiing on the right line.
There is usually a line closest to the grass, this is the boundary line. (Idk its official name.)
The next yellow line is the line you’re supposed to be centered on (where your nose wheel might be)
I hope that makes sense…

4 Likes

Ok thanks. I will make sure I do that. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necesary to have this be a PM.

It could be a learning opportunity to those who didn’t know the proper way to taxi.

2 Likes

At first u were taxing through gates and in the 2nd time u still weren’t taxiing on the correct line… I wouldn’t expect that from a grade 5

@ADDY28 I don’t think he was going through any gates…

That’s because he has shown u the pic of 2nd warning I gave him

You were the controller?

I was also not expecting such reaction from a controller on expert.

Yes sir…

No need. There are multiple sources easily accessible by searching “How to taxi”

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I appreciate very much.

Thats to hard to give “this is not a Taxiway” when the pilot dont taxies right on the line…

3 Likes

4 Likes

And the line next to it is the taxiway. :D

1 Like

This is not a taxiway is used when pilot uses an closed taxiway or smth!.

1 Like

and it’s necessary for pilots to know which is the correct line that’s why I told u to check tutorials

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I did what you told me to do so I could understand how to do it correctly. Considering I am grade 5 without deserving it.

2 Likes

I think the OP has had his question answered yet we’re still trying to get our two cents in.

5 Likes