Third runway at Heathrow.

They are going to build the third runway at Heathrow

Heathrow chosen for expansion with third runaway

24 Likes

It’s going to take some time though.
“Construction is not likely to begin until 2020 or 2021”.

4 Likes

Looks like PlaneCrazy was unsuccessful. Stupid group anyway. (I’m not talking about the user planecrazy, I’m talking about the protest group.) I’ve read some articles in Airliner World, and it seems like it took a lot of discussing and time to decide.

4 Likes

Yes but I’m happy. This means that British airways will add a route to the Isle of Man from Heathrow.which means we can get into London better.

Its a duplicate. Sorry. Please search before posting

3 Likes

Sorry, I did search but found nothing.

Must of searched the wrong thing

Technically thats before it was confirmed

1 Like

It is PlaneStupid not PlaneCrazy

1 Like

If you ask me we need to confirm both runways at Gatwick and Heathrow

2 Likes

What’s the point in that, Gatwick isn’t at max capacity as Heathrow is, and with a third runway at Heathrow that’ll further reduce the load on Gatwick.

2 Likes

@Jan Also, “It is unlikely that any new runway capacity would be operational before 2025.”

1 Like

Really? That’s a long time!
I get that it’s a huge undertaking, but still…

2 Likes

Really shameful. It takes LHR 5 years to build one runway after 4 years of planning for it when i takes ORD 10 years to add 4 runways, remove 2, and extend 2 other ones.

3 Likes

I found this on some other forum…

Gatwick is at 90% and by 2025 it will be 100%

It’s politics it’s actually more like 60 years of discussions

There still needs to be a final vote at the end of next year before it will definitely go ahead

1 Like

I knew it was something similar 🤔 Looks like I spend too much time here.

Gatwick is well outside off London, Heathrow is a lot well placed

yes, unfortantly Heathrow is also surrounded by houses, motorways etc which will have to be ‘relocated’. Gatwick whilst a little further out (Takes 30 mins to Central London on the Gatwick Express rather than 25 mins to North London by the Heathrow Express) has more room for expansion.

1 Like

The current 27R will become 27C and the new runway will be 27R

3 Likes