Third day on the Ramp: My Thoughts so far

Today was my third day. I stayed on the Computer doing training stuff (Shell Aviation) for almost my entire shift. My Manager is super nice and lenient, and funny too :)

While It’s boring sitting on the computer, they do take me out onto the ramp to observe.

Today and yesterday, I went out to see how to fuel an Airbus A320. Allegiant flies into PSM on certain days at certain times.

Yesterday, I was also taken out to the ramp to see how to work on a KC-135. I did not bring my phone when it happened though, as I left that on the office desk where we come in and clock in.

I certainly can’t wait to get my badge soon (I have to go to school to get my badge) so i can train on the ramp more. I’m close to done my Computer Training, and will be done the next time I return to work.

Here are some pictures from today

Towing this GA plan to Ramp 205 (If I remember)

Atlas Air Boeing 747-400F coming in from Europe, parked by the Terminal*

Allegiant Air Airbus A320, coming in from Savannah, GA

Underside in between the fuselage and engine. On my left is a little thing to preselect fuel

Lastly, a great sunset on the airfield

Let me know if you liked the pictures :) thanks for viewing!

*Due to me not having my badge, I am not allowed to be near an International flight.

62 Likes

I love the last photo!

3 Likes

OH MAN!!! U are so lucky enjoy every moment of it and I wish u da best

1 Like

Ooooh, exciting! Where in Europe was the atlas air coming from?

2 Likes

Someone’s having a bit too much fun at their new job. 😜

1 Like

Where do I sign up?!

1 Like

Google search “Ramp Jobs at XXX airport” and a list should come up

1 Like

I’m just joking, cause there job seems incredible. Doubt a teenager could get a job at ATL though 😒

4 Likes

You could get a job at London Heathrow gonna do that when I turn 16

1 Like

London is a bit much to balance with High School lol. I’d go broke in a day

2 Likes

Lol I love in london

We can continue this is PM if you would like, we’re getting off topic

1 Like

I see Airbus haven’t sorted out the Wing Bleed warning when the temperature is over 30 degrees!!!

Always used to offer the fueler a cup of coffee or a tea when I was doing the walk round on short haul!

Welcome to the family of us ‘ramp rats’ ;D

2 Likes

@Daniel_Cerritos why are you not allowed to go near International flights as you don’t have your badge? Wouldn’t it be like many other flights?

Nope. Its due to Customs. I can’t be near it due to security reasons. But once I get my badge and customs seal, I’ll be able to go and fuel them

1 Like

If you have a drivers license, you should be able to get the job. Give it a try

2 Likes

Nice picks

From working 2 years on at a major cargo ramp, I have 4 words for you… WEAR YOUR HEARING PROTECTION!

I cannot stress that enough. Granted you may not get the amount of planes I was around, but the db’s those engines produce are dangerous, and very high frequency. Even if it’s just for 5 minutes to Marshall a plane in, wear em!

Good luck bud, it’s a great job if you are into aviation!

3 Likes

I definitely second this. While the engines are still loud with the hearing protections, its a lot better and helps protect them ears

1 Like

Great post!
Did you make similar posts of your 1st and 2nd day? If you did, perhaps good to add the links to these…

All the best with the training!

4 Likes