Think Ive found a For Sure Fix to the A321

I dont know if anybody is using this technique while flying the A321, as we know it has a AP bug of some sort. But I have found a solution for smooth flying without the bobble up and down syndrome. I takeoff with these settings ( Takeoff Speed is 200 kts, VS 2800. I maintain 200 kts until FL220 and cruise at FL330. I cruise at around Mach 0.85-86. Weight and Fuel. I move all cargo weight isolated to the back of the plane, and usually carry the proper amount of fuel for the trip. This has worked for me, and since then, the bird flies like any other plane on IF.

3 Likes

Absolutley!!! The bobbing did happen to me recently, before i begin configuring weight, VS, FL, etc. since then, i have had 0 issues with it.

1 Like

Wait I’m wrong. The bobbing has not been fixed to my knowlege, still a known issue.

1 Like

The bobbing still happens unfortunately, but usually due to high speed. 0.86, I must say, is certainly on the fast side.

3 Likes

I usually don’t get the bobbling issue when I fly the A321

1 Like

M 0.86 is way too fast. You will for sure over speed. It’s not worth getting violations just to fix a bug

2 Likes

It isn’t overspeed actually, but is on the fast side certainly.

2 Likes

There will come a day, hopefully soon where we’ll set the overspeed warning to the actual max speed (MMO). For the A320-family, that would be Mach 0.82.

So, i’d suggest keeping to the realistic speeds.

10 Likes

10-4 @schyllberg. It is a bit on the fast end, but it works for the time being. Youre always a helpful source.

1 Like
  1. Let’s keep weight and cargo settings realistic.

2. 200 kts is too fast for an A321 takeoff.

3. M.85 is too fast of a cruise speed for the A321.

1 Like

I have never had problems with the A320 family. But hopefully this gets fixed for everyone.

1 Like

Thanks for all you fellaz info, you guys are helpful and i did apply the tips to fly the A321 and works better than my settings. Thank you guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.