There are sunsets. Then there are SUNSETS

ABQ-TEB

11 Likes

I must say, Sunset/Sunrise shots on top of clouds, are the best…

❤️

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Or right after a storm 👌

1 Like

It may be summer time, but it’s -62 up here. Burr…

10 Likes

That’s cold!

1 Like

Just a bit. Lol

5 Likes

Today ♥️

5 Likes

Some of my favourite photos 😍

Taken by me

5 Likes

Boot-ih-full

4 Likes

What about if corporate is the goal? Do you think that going regional is a must or does it matter less? I’ve heard that private jet owners prefer regional pilots because of the experience they gain from that lifestyle and the type of flying they do.

1 Like

This will be long so sit down and grab some food or drink lol

If corporate flying is your goal, I would start out at a decent 135 gig- planesense, boutique, surf air and such to get familiar with 135 regs, build time there and then head to something mid tier like flexjet, jetsuite and such before you head to something great like netjets.

Flying 121 vs 135 is night and day difference.

In the corporate world you do a decent amount of work pre flight (weather, weight and balance, fuel, determine alternate based on weather and filing your own flight plan) then you will usually two two legs and done for the day. Post flight- do a lab service if needed, vacuum, and make sure the plane is representable inside. Then head to the hotel or resort and relax for a couple days to a week. You may fly between those days you may not. Depending on the clients needs.

You guys work as a team constantly. Minimal egos. Flying corporate is heavily personality based. If you are social you will do well this side of aviation. After all you will have to interact with clients and communicate with them.

121- show up the plane an HR prior. Fo does the walk around and captain sets things up. You have set duties to make it flow well as a team. The dispatcher does all the work for you and you just review it with the cap.

In terms of flying . Corporate flying is much much harder than 121. You are almost constantly pushing the plane to it’s limit numbers. Landing in G class airports with 4000 ft with animals on either side. It’s definitely challenging. You also will fly into much much more challenging airports than 121.

I have a lot more to add, but my wife keeps looking at me like I’m ignoring her. Lol

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m just starting to work on my ppl so I’m light years away but this is a great insight.
I love the planning aspect as much as flying itself (if not more) so maybe that’s the way to go lol.

1 Like

It’s hard to explain. It’s a different world. Pilots are completely different too. Skill set is the same, but personalities are phenomenal. Like a said that’s a make or brake deal with corporate flying.

I have a friend who flies a falcon 50 and all he does is IAD- TMB (stay that for 2 days and back) then off for a week and then IAD- LHR (stay there for 4 days and back) and lastly IAD- CDG (stay there for 4 days and back) then off and repeat. Gets paid over 100k doing that. I can honestly say it’s my favorite part of the aviation sector. That said, job security is an issue. Of that guys business takes a hit the first nothing he will be getting rid off is the plane and it’s pilots. But that aside, I would say it’s 10 times better than the airline world. If you are the type of person who like to do a lot of GA flying to local airports, well we just do that, but on jets.

My trip on Monday is DAL- ASE ( stay there for 3 days ( eat and stay at nice hotels on the companies dime) go hiking and chill for 3 days and fly the client back . You will never get to do that in the regional / airline world.

I will tell you, if you choose that path you won’t regret it. It’s probably the most challenging and most satisfying. I encourage every pilot to try corporate flying for a year or two and if you don’t like it make the switch.

2 Likes

Preflight sunrise 👍🏾

5 Likes

That looks amazing! 😍

1 Like

Thanks mate. Good thing I went early. I literally sat out in front of the plane for 15mins

Some of my favorite sunsets. ATW to ATL, Delta 717-200

4 Likes

OSL-LGW Norwegian 737-800 and
LGW-JFK Norwegian 787-9 👍♥️

1 Like

This picture was taken by my dad from the cockpit a few years ago. He used to fly the A320.

3 Likes

Sunset in Amarillo a few weeks ago on one of the final AA MD-80 flights.

3 Likes