As of the end of October 2019, there are now more Airbus A320 Family aircraft than Boeing 737 Family Aircraft (including orders).
At the end of October 2019, Airbus reached 15,193 A320 Family aircraft with orders
On the other hand at the end of October 2019, Boeing reached 15,136 737 Family aircraft with orders
Total difference of 57 aircraft.
Airbus has definitely gained the upper-hand as a result of the ongoing 737 MAX groundings.
- Last month Airbus secured approximately 400 A320 Family orders, 300 of them from IndiGo.
- China Airlines’ order for 11 A321neos pushed Airbus ahead of Boeing.
- At the end of last year, Boeing was ahead by more than 400 aircraft.
- In terms of deliveries, Airbus is behind boeing by 1,500 aircraft in its backlog.
- The first 737 was delivered in 1965 while the first A320 was delivered in 1988.
Nice job Airbus.