TheAviation_YT’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ KAUS

Hello IFC this is my first tracking thread, today I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some practice doing touch and goes at KAUS. I will spawn at 2300Z and go to 2400Z.

If I did something wrong let me know 😁

It will close after 5 minutes if no one comes.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see the message

KAUS GT is open now can anyone pls do pattern work?

1 Like

coming now

1 Like

good pattern entry on runway change…what do I need next?

1 Like

Issue me a pattern entry instead of turning base (should have be crosswind btw) when requesting a runway change. The upwind conflict (extend upwind) was good but it needs a pattern entry after the way is clear 😉. That’s why I turned…left 😝

1 Like

1 Like

On my way!

1 Like

I have a question! Is it necessary for me to report my position every time I make a turn?

1 Like

No you don’t. When tower is active and you’ve got clearance to land/for the option you do not have to report your position on every leg of the circuit.
Only when on unicom it’s strongly advised to do this because the other pilots know where the traffic is in absence of a tower.

2 Likes

No only if you are telling other traffic but Tower sees you on the radar and will warn you.

Tag me next time you open I’ll try to come 😉

1 Like

Ok Wilco 👍🏻

Same with me, tag me and I’ll try to join.

Good luck with IFATC!

My only regret is not joining sooner.

@BT_HANDLES

Coming in few

1 Like

Oh ok I’ll open back up

Ho you don’t have to…I thought you were open

@TheAviation_YT

Here is a list of things you need to work on:

• Firstly, when someone requests a transition, give them greater than 1000ft above traffic in the pattern, since no one was in the pattern when I requested transition, 3000ft was good. But don’t give me a pattern entry, I never requested inbound, I just requested a transition, a transition is when you fly over the airport.

• Secondly, the exit runway command was too early I was still greater than 100 knots, exit runway commands should be given at 80 knots or less

• Everything else was good! 👏👍

• Please tag me when you open again and I will try to attend.

• Again good luck with IFATC. I regret not joining sooner.

• Also let me know if you have any ATC questions, I will gladly help.