The Year is Not Yet Over @KORD

While some of y’all are already making topics about your best shots from the past year, I’m still out spotting. Chicago had some great weather for part of the day, and I used that weather to get some pretty nice shots!

The smallest of planes in this topic is this Delta A220 coming in from Salt Lake City. I just barely caught this because I was expecting it to land on 28C, but it got changed to 27R, so I had to hurry to basically the other side of the airport to catch it

Next up is this American 777-200 coming in on a scheduled passenger service from Miami

There was also some preighter activity today, with the likes of this United 777-300ER coming in from Tokyo

This Delta A330-300 came in from New York and is departing for Frankfurt. The flight from New York was empty, as they were repositioning the plane here to fly to Frankfurt with cargo

I’m not quite sure what this LOT was doing in chicago, but I’m not complaining. It departs at a pretty decent time to get some nice shots. Unfortunately, the clouds ruined it

Also a plane which I don’t know what it was doing here is this Lufthansa A340. It might be a preighter flight, but I do not want to mislead anyone

Now on to the special liveries! Alaska’s “Honoring Those Who Served” is a 737-900 painted in a special scheme as a salute to all active and former members of the United States Armed Forces. Their dedication to this beautiful nation is unimaginable. We all salute you for your service!

Next up on the list of specials is Qatar’a One World themed A350-1000, which came in from Doha

Another photo ruined by the clouds that rolled in was the photo of Etihad’s F1 themed 787-9. If only the clouds stayed away for 30 more minutes, this shot would’ve been amazing. I tried the best I could to make it work though

I hope you all enjoyed this topic from today, filled with quite a lot of special liveries and flights. Until next time, whether that’s this year, or next year!

54 Likes

The delta and LOT shots are amazing🤩
Nice job!

1 Like

The OneWorld Qatar A350 is amazing 😍😍😍

1 Like

Great topic!! My fav is definitely the Alaska special livery. Always count on Marcel for the best O’Hare spotting topics ;)

1 Like

Fun fact: we have this aircraft in IF (exact reg. as well)

3 Likes

I thought the reg seemed familiar. I have a different shot of this plane too with the KLM Orange pride taking off behind it

1 Like

Nice pictures they really are excellent especially the LOT airline pictures!

1 Like

Not enough contrast though

1 Like

Love these so much!

1 Like

Same!
Really good shots!

1 Like

Wow some great shots! I’ve always wanted to go to ORD to go spotting, for their amazing traffic

1 Like

you spelled it wrong, it’s spelled phreighter

ehh… it’s spelled freighter

Myself and @Delta319 spell it preighter because it’s a passenger plane used as a freighter. Combine the two and you have preighter

4 Likes

I suggest you look up the word “portmanteau”. A tremendous word (which by the way is very long) that may help you in your eternal search to understand the meaning of “preighter”, coined by @Moritz. great stuff!

4 Likes

I love these pics, well done

1 Like

You wouldn’t be disappointed, especially if we didn’t have a global pandemic

That’s not a name I came up with, I’m just copying from Lufthansa haha

3 Likes

Ah nice!

1 Like

Love the a220

1 Like