The Yawman Arrow & Infinite Flight

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

A Controller for a Mobile Flight Simulator

Sometimes a product comes to market that makes you wonder, “Why didn’t this exist before now?” The Yawman Arrow is one such product; a hand-held game controller that allows flight sim enthusiasts to pack all of their flight controls into one controller. We chatted with the founders of Yawman to find out what sparked this idea and why it benefits flight simulation.

On a personal note, I’ve tried this thing many times and I love it! If I had to change anything I’d say the price is a little steep and it’s a little lightweight for a hand-held. Other than that, this is a solid piece of equipment and it works with Infinite Flight for Android out of the box!

Read the full article →

80 Likes

Not getting they are iOS haters 😂. I’ll have to eventually get it so I can play msfs on it

6 Likes

Unrelated but when we getting the rudder sensitivity setting again for motion controls?

1 Like

I got the notification about a new blog post and immediately thought update 24.2 was out…💀

13 Likes

what would the buttons be used for that’s my question otherwise, I kind of like that idea

1 Like

Great!

Makes impulse control easy.

Saved me 250$ twice!

• no iOS support
  • ships only to US
18 Likes

You have friends from across the pond :)

3 Likes

Well, yes. 😎 Thanks.
May be when I get an android device.
bBut the android phone and tablet I have to use at work do not a good job getting me to buy one. 😂

2 Likes

Ummm…… hard pass. I’d rather try flying a plane with no arms than try this.

3 Likes

there is a github repo, right?..

2 Likes

This is a great product! Might consider buying this product

2 Likes

Wow it’s very nice

1 Like

Cool feature Jason. :) 😎

1 Like

Sounds cool and I’ve known about this release for a while but I think I’d go broke if I bought this.

2 Likes

Im not gonna lie this is very…. Underwhelming and disappointing.

First of all, 300 dollars after tax? That is insanely expensive! Especially when you can just get an Xbox controller for MSFS for just $80, at the max. Or get a TCA joystick for still less than this little controller. Also $300 isnt just steep, that’s outrageously overpriced.

Second, it looks like it’s made of extremely cheap materials, either plastic or resin. While that isn’t a bad thing on its own, when your charging upwards of $300 it seems way too overpriced for the materials used.

Also its only available on android, which i get that android is more allowing of external hardware, it still underwhelming that a huge portion of IFs playerbase cant use it, even if they could afford it

Last, it isn’t wireless, which if your paying as much as nearly 3 years of an IF subscription, it really should have

23 Likes

$300!?!? That looks like it was 3D printed!

5 Likes

thrustmaster still W

3 Likes

seeing as how it is new they probably had to sell it high to get any profit on it

2 Likes

But 300 is absolutely outrageous, even $100 would be on the high end

3 Likes

🤷‍♂️

2 Likes