The worst time when your device wants to restart

Ah yes, 4 hours in and your device restarts by it self, perfect.

That’s an oof

1 Like

It always happens half-way to a long-haul, I should probably restart my device before every long-haul flight.

2 Likes

I use an iPad Pro 11" bud.

2 Likes

Are you using the S10 by any chance?

1 Like

Nope, iPad Pro 11 inch, 2018.

4 Likes

My suggestion is to make sure you’re always running the latest iOS so that your device doesn’t restart to install it on its own. I hate when this happens lol.

I’ve never had a crash or major issue of over 4,500 hours in flight 🤔. (I’ve only got a medium quality device).

If anything it’s been my internet disconnecting briefly, or me lying becuase I forgot the ATIS information when taking over a controlled airport (awkward laugh)

4 Likes

I use the same device and no problems!

I always keep my device up to date.

It is probably due to the fact that I did not restart my device, which clears the system’s RAM.

1 Like

Well that’s interesting 🧐

I wonder why it would restart.

1 Like

Not enough RAM left probably, Infinite Flight is one of those apps that freeze your entire device when it runs out of memory.

1 Like

I never restart my device before my flight, and it hasn’t crashed yet!

1 Like

@Astreal did u have any background apps running? What is your storage?

It was a joke

I use a new iPad

It’s a 512GB model of the 11inch iPad Pro. Only background apps running was IF Assistant.

I will try to recreate the same scenario in an hour, but the results might be different because my iPad has more storage. What route were you flying, and what was your last location before your iPad restarted? Also did you clear your scenery cache? @Astreal

I was flying from HKJK - EGLL. I will try to post my exact route here, I was flying somewhere above Egypt.

Route: HKJK IBRAT 002N/3617E KAMAS LOV ANTAX AMATO EPSIX AVONO BOTOK SODIL ELULA KUVTI SOGAD NUBAR SML KHG DEPNO BOPOS KATAB DBA KANAR METRU LINGI PLH ETILI KFN ENESI ASTUS LATAN LUPAL 4027N/1725E MOKTO LUXIL DIVKU URIPI PES TUFTE NUKNI DOBOG OKTAV LUPOS RIPDU IVLOX OSBUL MISPO BEKAN TZO SRN IXORA ARLES PUNSA SOSAL NIVIN UNKIR DJL TUNOR LAULY BRY CLM UTELA KOPOR ABNUR 5022N/133E DIMAL ALESO ROTNO ETVAX TIGER D136L BIG 5129N/010W EGLL

1 Like