The Worst Airline Food You’ve Ever Eaten

Hey guys!

I searched for this topic everywhere, but I surprisingly couldn’t find one!

I thought this would be creative. What’s the worst airline food you’ve ever eaten (Or looked at and said, “heck no!”)?

5 Likes

Back in 2014 i had a grilled chicken salad on United Airlines.It was flavorless and dry.Wouldn’t use the word disgusting though.But never again…

1 Like

I hate it when that happens. At least it’s not this!

7 Likes

The Fish.

In real life the worst I’ve had is a broken cookie. I’ve only flown economy on Short haul flights. But I don’t fly much.

3 Likes

Fish on a plane just sounds wrong, imo.

3 Likes

Mines literally just Celery

1 Like

It was poisoned so…

1 Like

Honestly, from what I can remember, I’ve had solid food on all my flights in the recent years.

Even AA’s Buy On Board catering has improved with Zoe’s Kitchen.

My least favorite meal was on Japan Airlines’ Economy Class two weeks ago from Tokyo Haneda to San Francisco. The dinner “tri-color chicken” was interesting… tasted fine, but not the best.

3 Likes

Wait, really? I don’t know if that made up or not, tbh.

Also, we got a “best airplane food” thread or something?

1 Like

It’s a reference from the movie Airplane!

That just looks like the last time I threw up, not gonna lie 😂

1 Like

Oh! Okay. I haven’t seen that, but I’ve heard it’s funny

Turkish Airlines from Istanbul to New York. It was some kind of mutton. Did not taste good and was very bitter.

1 Like

Air Koryo…
I would rather eat a “Vegan omelette” on Spirit airlines than whatever that is

1 Like

Yeah, even the portion was kind of sad. The chicken was the best part of the meal, to say the least. Unfortunately, there were only three small pieces…

1 Like

I once had a veggie burger (on the ground). Even that was bad. I don’t trust anything that’s of the “vegetarian meat” sort.

1 Like

I’ve had fish once on a plane on AA’s business class from CLT-FRA. It was Norwegian Salmon, specifically. Honestly it tasted great.

I don’t think airlines can mess up fish as much as they mess up steaks.

3 Likes

I love Emirates food, but only on two of the flights in my life, the food was bad from Emirates. It was paneer curry served with rice as the main dish. It tasted so bland, and I felt sick after that. I recieved these this meal three times from (Dubai to Newark via Athens). On a flight from Dubai to Athens and Athens to Newark. I ordered an Asian Vegetarian Meal, and on those flights, they had the same exact AVML meal a total of 3 times, which made it worse for me. (Plus they served it twice on the Athens to Newark flight :( Got sick when I got home. ( was surprised because Emirates serves one of the best airline food out there, but this time on these specific flights, this meal was not good at all)

3 Likes

From the picture, I cannot tell which one is the chicken 😂 🐔

2 Likes