The Wonderful Power of the Super Tanker #944

As many people may know, Southern California is under trial by fire. There are so many wildfires popping up everyday, and at the moment I’m surrounded by them. However, one fire caught my attention, the Liberty Fire in Murietta. This fire sprouted on Thursday at 1pm. I freaked out because my girlfriend’s house is about a mile and a half from this one and I looked up everything about the fire to see what the situation was. Eventually all of this brought me to watching the news on the fire, and behold, the 747 Supertanker comes into view on the tv. It came in for a swoop and covered an entire mountainside with the retardant. An entire mountainside, that’s ridiculous. I looked at the history of this bad boy and learned that it was created to fill the gap of two tanker crashes in 2002. Evergreen decided to created this one, as they had created 2 747 supertankers before, or at least tried to, and can hold 750k gallons of retardant. Stay safe fellow Californians!image

19 Likes

That’s a great aircraft, the pics are stunning, hope it’ll help to defeat the bushfires in California. :)

That’s a beautiful picture! The queen is properly dressed red for the event! 🔥

It’s sad to know people losing their properties and being evacuated because of these spread of fires in SoCal. Hoping for these situations be brought under control soon.

But, did you just say you forgot about your girlfriend while watching this in the news?

1 Like

I just saw this at VCV it is stunning!

1 Like

Haha no, I did not :)

Someone bring the DC-10 down here and get an awesome picture of the combo.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t see this! I live approximately 60mi away from the fires happening

1 Like

All I’ve been seeing are DC-10’s but this is amazing. Spotted one C-130 as well but thats it. This is awesome and stay safe!

1 Like

There’s a fire in Los Angeles 60 minutes away from wherever anyone lives!

It is 20 minutes from the fire I really hope the water dropping aircraft are helping…

1 Like

Was it the replacement for the C-130 that crashed?

1 Like

probably or its somewhere else

You stay safe to hope the aircraft is helping!

1 Like

Would be cool if this livery was added to honor all the first responders and victims.

1 Like

Yes it was! Terrible tragedy for that dc-10, though.

looks like its a 747-400BCF. it doesnt have the smaller hump like the regular -400F.

1 Like

go make a feature request if you want it. be sure to search for it first though to make sure you wouldnt be creating a duplicate request.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.