The Weekend at KCLT, Sunday Night Traffic [Day 2 of 2]

Hello!

I’m posting this over a month late because of sheer laziness and procrastination. But besides that, I have some month-old spotting photos I need to explain to you. So this spotting trip was on the same weekend as my this topic, except this was on Sunday instead of Saturday. This was actually my second time spotting at night, but only my first with a camera and taking photos — so it was a really unique experience for me and I learned so much from it. I apologize in advance for the quality though, it was my first time so I still have a ton to learn. Anyway, here are the photos!

I am not responsible for any confusion coming from posting this late.

I started this nighttime spotting trip at the KCLT overlook (where I remained for the entire trip). I arrived at about the same time I left the airport the previous day. My first catch of the day, an American Airlines A320 registered N122US.

This one has to be one of my favorites of the weekend, an E-175, registered N444YX, lines up on the runway just as the sun sinks below the horizon. I love the shininess on this, shame it’s quite grainy.

Here in Charlotte, once the sun sets you only have 15-20 minutes of light before it gets dark. Luckily, in the last of this light I was able to catch a parallel approach with this CRJ-700, with another in the background.

A quite grainy yet a really nice photo in my opinion. N524GJ sits at the gate awaiting it’s next flight. I’m still hyped to this day that United is finally sending it’s new livery to KCLT.

Not one, but two 717’s sitting at the gate, A.K.A. my favorite plane that flies to KCLT and the plane that I just had to include a photo of, lol. By the time this photo was taken it was completely dark, so from here on out don’t expect anything amazing from me. 😜

Next up, we have an @ItsBlitz Airlines (Southwest) 737-700. I don’t have much to say about this one except that it’s one of my favorites of the night, so it has that going for it even though it’s so grainy.

This photo right here is something else. The dang thing is just incredible, with the lights, reflections, and the angle. Though I’ve never recovered from the sadness that was seeing how grainy this one is, but it’s still one of my favorites, and it’s one I’ll 100% try and recreate in the future to make it better.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the grand finale of the weekend. A United 777-200ER taking off right in front of me. If you’re from Charlotte, you know that seeing a widebody aircraft like the 777 is rare. This particular one was ferrying a sports team to Denver, CO (thanks for that intel @KSS).

I finally did it. I stopped procrastinating and posted part 2. So you’re welcome. That Sunday night at CLT was absolutely amazing, nighttime spotting sure is something else. And please excuse the grainy-ness on some of these photos.

If you have any feedback, I’d love to hear it. Thank for stopping by, and have a great day IFC!

Took this out of pure boredom before packing up to leave.

Camera: Cannon EOS 350D

IFC decided to cut the nose off some planes, so just click the photos to see them in their entirety. Also, hi @AviationFreak.

See y’all whenever!

30 Likes

Great shots, that third one is legendary, keep it up!

2 Likes

Hello

1 Like

Very nice pictures especially that parallel

1 Like

Thanks man! Don’t tell anyone, but I might have a topic coming up soon, I went spotting recently.

Ok.

Thank you @Nee !

3 Likes

Good shots of those aluminum tubes with wings!

1 Like

I miss AA’s old livery, I vaguely remember it even though KCLT used to be a US Airways hub.

Thank you!

1 Like

Try a mix of exposure, brightness, and shadow increasing

1 Like

Thanks for that, looks quite a bit better not gonna lie. But I’m keeping mine lol.

1 Like

Wow awesome pictures keep it up ! High quality pictures everything is perfect thanks for sharing 🤗

Thanks man, means a lot!

Great photos. You could start a good quality YT channel if you wanted to record your spotting trips as videos.

1 Like

I really like that last one of the airport but they are all super cool!!

1 Like

Thanks! And I’m thrash at recording videos, lol.

Same. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Buy a videocamera that can record in MP4 and you’re set to go. That’s what I did when I went to LCY to planespot.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Cool pictures!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.