The Ups and Downs @ PHX

I had wanted to go out to see Condor since they resumed their seasonal service to and from Frankfurt again, and see the TWA Heritage Livery, as well as Jettip not showing the OneWorld titles BA 772 but i soon remembered that this time of year, 26/08 is backlit as crap and i got screwed over due to my own incompetence.

So i took 3 major L’s. But then golden hour rolled around and combine that with 25L landings and 25R departures, plus Arizona One, and I walked away not feeling to sorry for myself.

for my and your sake, i will not show the photos of the backlit guys, but rather on request because they suck

first up is a shiny new 737-800 that still shows wearing the CB livery on FR24 :(

a dying breed… a UPS MD-11 flares for 25L

lil fedex guy crossing the very large phx bridge

very nice looking KC-135

A DHL 767 slams the mains after a flight from LAX

lil beacon shot of this Delta 739 coming in from Seattle

airbus a321

a very nice looking 737

a very golden e175

and i’m pretty sure this photo represents what true love feels like

favorite?

0 voters

rate!

0 voters

thanks for viewing!

26 Likes

That kc135 is beautiful

2 Likes

That E175 is beautiful

1 Like

I request that you post all 3 backlit photos here because I have already seen them and the community deserves to know how truly a bad spotter you are. 😂

All love Gavin, and great shots as usual.

2 Likes

yeah i am sad

10 Likes

All very respectable photos! I love the wheel smoke on the DHL.

1 Like

Here’s your theme song for this post

4 Likes

I wonder if they caught any fish! Good song for a great post.

2 Likes

Can never go wrong with some golden hour.

Backlit is underrated anyway.

Great shots!

1 Like

Yes, I know its been a while since this topic, but I just came across it and I wanna say, its great being able to see such amazing shots of the MD11 still. In my opinion its a very photogenic aircraft and the UPS livery looks great.

The caravan is somewhat special too, don’t really see photos of those at such big airports. 10/10 topic.

1 Like

Wow does this personally hit home with me! Good choice!

1 Like

thank you tuna 🤝

1 Like

What the?: You got the same aircraft (rego no.) at San Jose and Phoenix!? Coincidence?

I agree with this btw:

I’m also a bit obsessed with my one time home airport. As far as I remember the KC135’s have been there since I was a kid. And that’s an awesome shot.

2 Likes

the san jose picture is not mine, and American only has one TWA retro livery

1 Like

Are there multiple TWA AAs?

I’m sorry, I made a mistake. It was someone else’s topic. I got confused somehow when I made the realization I’d seen it somewhere in another spotting topic.

@AviationFreak 's comment is all I know:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.