The Trifecta | KDEN, KBKF, KAPA

Hello Community!

It has been a minute since I’ve posted a topic here. I’ve been really busy with my first semester of college and have been photographing sports for my school for most of the year so, I haven’t had much time to get out and spot. Now that the first semester is over, I’m back home in the lovely state of Colorado. Also recently got a new camera in which I tried out over my break and over the first half of my break I have done some spotting at three of the four airports in the Denver Metro Area! I hope y’all enjoy the pictures!

Denver (KDEN)

Starting things off with a Hawaii bound United 757 lining up for runway 25 with the iconic Denver tents in the background!

Next up, Is a Southwest 737 MAX 8 staring me down with its bright lights as it lines up for runway 25 at Denver with the tents in the background.

Here we have a rare runway 7 landing featuring a United E175 seconds from touching down with Longs Peak in the background.

Once again we have a Southwest 737-700 turning onto runway 25 with the tents peaking out in the back.

Buckley (KBKF)

Onto Buckley we have a C130 Herc ripping up the pattern after flying in from Peterson AFB.

RDHWK01 an F-15 C blasting out of Buckley heading back up to Oregon after making a quick stop.

Next we have one of six F-16’s blasting out of Buckley for their afternoon sortie.

Centennial (KAPA)

The new Denoise AI in Lightroom has done miracles and this picture is no exception. This shot of a Falcon 900EX taxing out to 17L was taken at 1/40 F 2.8 ISO 5000 so there was quite a bit of grain but I was impressed with how much detail was kept and how the denoise feature makes it seem like grain didn’t exist.

Next up was another shot saved by Denoise AI in which this FlexJet Operated Challenger 350 seconds from touching down with the lights of the metro area lighting up the background.

Finally, we have a beautiful looking G550 lining up runway 17L at APA
Equipment:
Camera Body: Canon 90D
Lenses: Sigma 100-400mm & Tamron 70-200 G2
Editing: Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop
Instagram:

Thank You for Stopping By!!

38 Likes

Where do you spot at Buckley? And what position should I go if I want to get a 737 staring me down? That shot was epic!

skill issue

Tyler tilt

At Buckley I just pull off anywhere along Jewell

I don’t remember the exact spot but it’s somewhere down 78th near one of the lots. You have to pull over on the side of the road which they don’t really like. So it’s hit or miss on whether or not you get kicked out. I wouldn’t recommend sitting there for more than 20 minutes at a time.

You’re a skill issue

Wouldn’t be a true topic without it 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

Alright thanks!

The KBKF and KAPA shots look cool! the united 757 shot is my favorite though!

1 Like

Thank you! The 757 shot is one of my favorites too!

1 Like

Gorgeous shots! Those nights ones are stunning, and the background of the E175 is crisp.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.