The South American stick ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Good evening everyone from Santiago, Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±πŸ‘‹ after an amazing 8 days around the country from exploring Santiago, heading out west to the middle of the ocean on Easter Island πŸοΈπŸ—Ώ exploring the Andes, exploring some cute little towns around the area and even heading up north to the famous Atacama Desert 🌡🏜️ and even taking the most scenic train ride πŸš‚ in my ENTIRE life. Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± is most definitely the MOST UNDERRATED country in the ENTIRE continent at least out of the ones I’ve been to which are Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ Brazil πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± Argentina πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· and Ecuador πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¨ now is it the best? No of course not that award going to Argentina πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· but was it amazing? Of course it was! If I ever get the chance, I wouldn’t mind returning here especially since I have family down here. Now we’re on our way to Santiago’s Arturo Merino Benitez Intl Airport to catch my flight back home to Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 on American Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner which should be fun, at least before our arrival πŸ˜… AA like all foreign airlines use SCLs international terminal which is definitely amazing in both architecture and efficiency, despite many long hauls to North America, Europe and even OCEANIA we still got into the departure hall fairly quickly. US airports take notes πŸ“ Now I do have sufficient status to visit an admirals club but there is one problem, the one here at SCL seems to be closed permanently. Fortunately I was able to visit the LATAM VIP lounge instead which was still nice. I didn’t eat too much since we were gonna have a meal on the plane but still ate a few things in case the meal they do serve isn’t that good. I left the lounge around 30 minutes before boarding began and made my way to our departure gate!

Flight Info

Origin: Arturo Merino Benitez Intl πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± ( SCEL )
Destination: Miami Intl πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 8:17
Boeing 787-8 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Here is the view of our aircraft taking us up to Miami 🏝️😎 tonight, this B788 had arrived from MIA this morning and sat here pretty much all day. Now this Dreamliner is much older compared to the one I came in on, this one is 9 years old being one of the oldest ones in service at AA so it contains the original cabin it was delivered with which won’t necessarily be a bad thing which you’ll see soon, but now it’s time to board!

Once on board, you will be greeted to AAs flagship business cabin utilising the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond seats in a 1-2-1 configuration with the total being 20, behind that is the small premium economy cabin in a 2-3-2 setup using the Collins Aerospace MiQ seats the same ones found on the newer Boeing 787-8s with a total of 28 and finally the 2 main cabin sections in a 3-3-3 setup utilising the Collins Aerospace Slimline seats with the first 2 rows and the entire middle column in the first section and the exit rows in the 2nd section being sold as main cabin extra proving extra legroom there are 186 main cabin seats in total adding up to 234 on the plane and what was with American and Collins Aerospace when doing the interior? These are also the same seats used on the longer Boeing 787-9 until the new ones are delivered with the new flagship suites. The aircraft is fitted with Viasat high speed satellite wi-fi and the Thales Avant IFE system with live TV. Now these main cabin seats are identical to the ones found the 777s and my seat 18L, was now different providing this excellent view of the wing and a decent amount of comfort and legroom and I got the whole row to myself what a treat! Soon enough, boarding was finished, we pushed back, the safety video came on and it was now time to make our way to SCLs runway 17R for take off!

Our take off from Santiago was really uneventful and we didn’t rotate late this time! But now it’s time to say our final goodbyes to Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± as we make the journey up north to the 305! 🏝️😎

Santiago with the Andes πŸ”οΈ in the back and the lights of SCL airport down below!

We reached our cruising altitude of FL380 not long after and dinner began off the coast of La Serena, Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± and it was either a chicken, pasta or vegetarian option which I went wit the chicken which came along with steamed white rice, crackers, cheese, bread roll with butter, water bottle and a choice of beverage which I went with a coke. Overall, an average meal service and basically what I expected flying a US carrier long haul in 2024 the meal was sufficient though so I was good to go and we even got handed some ice cream after. The crew was also in a great mood and also love having these layovers here in Santiago since it gives them time to explore and they also ADORE the Dreamliner mainly since it’s quiet, nice looking, spacious and overall just a great aircraft so 4 stars for tonight’s service! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it’s getting late now so I guess it’s time to hit the hay!

I slept well like I expected to since not only is the Dreamliner quiet but also I had the row to myself so I made myself a lie flat seat on my own, I was once again woken up only by galley noises indicating breakfast is beginning which once again nothing special, a simple bacon egg and cheese sandwich with a beverage of choice which I chose some orange juice it was still great but not enough but breakfast is usually known for being terrible on planes especially in economy so once again, just what I expected! We are now about an hour out from Miami 🏝️😎 above the Cayman Islands πŸ‡°πŸ‡ΎπŸοΈ and now since I didn’t feel like going back to bed, I watched a few episodes of Victorious on the IFE and now the theme song is stuck in my head but my entertainment was short lived as the infamous US Customs and Border Patrol πŸ›‚πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ video came on not only signifying our approach into MIA is getting closer but also the brutality of MIA Customs early in the morning with every South American red eye coming in and so far, there are flights from Buenos Aires, Argentina πŸ‡¦πŸ‡· SΓ£o Paulo, Brazil πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Lima, Peru πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ Georgetown, Guyana πŸ‡¬πŸ‡Ύ BogotΓ‘ and Medellin, Colombia πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄ ahead of us so things aren’t looking pretty now but let’s see how it goes.

This mornings approach into MIA was unfortunately ruined because of the lack of light outside, but it took us right above the Florida Keys near Marathon now I have experienced this approach in the day so it’s not a big deal but kind of unfortunate.

I had no idea where I even was on most of the approach due to once again the lack of light outside and I finally knew where we were once we flew over Krome Ave and eventually the lights of western Miami showed up and we even flew right by the Dolphin Mall and the Miami International Mall which coincidentally right by the Miami International Airport which we are currently aiming for more specifically RWY 8R funny enough we are coming in over the the exact path we initially departed from. πŸ˜…

And a smooth touchdown later, welcome to Miami 🏝️😎 now I with they played the Will Smith song in every approach into the 305 🏝️😎 but I guess I have to do it myself but anyways this was just another typical American Airlines long haul main cabin flight, it gets the job done but nothing out of this world unless the food and crew exceeds your expectations but in this case they met them exactly so overall it was a great flight but nothing really to highlight.

Not only did we arrive on the same path we departed from we also parked in the SAME GATE we departed from as well, small world πŸ˜… now here is the last look of our B788 with this gorgeous sunrise πŸŒ… beginning out east towards Downtown Miami and South Beach 🏝️😎 and passport control πŸ›‚ honestly exceeded my expectations a bit, yeah the 5 flights were all ahead of us in the line but surprisingly the border patrol officers actually were able to run it smoothly and we only were officially back in the USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ like 50 minutes after arrival which for MIA customs at this time, I’d say it was a pretty solid passport control experience. Bags were also on the average side in terms of wait time not instant but not insanely long and soon enough it was time to smell US soil once again, get my car and drive back home to Palm Beach. I’m glad you joined me on this trip on American Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner from Santiago, Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± to Miami 🏝️😎 keep you eyes peeled for the 26th as we embark on a small weekend vacation within Florida so no long haul products next time to review unfortunately but as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘‹

12 Likes