The Sea Blue Citation from the Miami Coast, to the Turquoise Keys and up the Gulf Coast

I live flying around Florida so with Key West being featured I decided to fly down from Fort Lauderdale Executive. My initial plan was to fly Fort Lauderdale to Key West, then a short flight up to Marathon Airport, up to Fort Myers and then over to the Bahamas, but after spending almost 45 minutes on the ground taxiing in Key West, I flew up to Fort Myers and called it a day. FXE to EYW took 36 minutes and EYW to FMY took 27 minutes, FMY is Page Field which used to be the major commercial airport for Fort Myers, but a new airport was built (RSW) so now Page Field is used as only a GA and relief airport. The total flight time was 1 hour 3 minutes

Lined up in Fort Lauderdale An early rotation in a very light Citation We followed the coast past Miami Beach down to the Keys The beginning of the beautiful Florida Keys as we prepare to start an early descent Final approach into a very windy Key West begins a TBM and Cessna 172 A surprisingly BUTTERY touchdown considering the strong winds After a long 45 minute taxi in Key West we rocket out and turn north for a short flight to Fort Myers
Approaching Page Field turning our base leg over the beautiful Sanibel Island We were battered by 30+ knot crosswinds on approach but they diminished as we got closer to the ground Landing In the heart of Fort Myers

As always please leave a comment and let me know your favorite photo!

And go Eagles, beat Dallas ๐Ÿฆ…

19 Likes

Canโ€™t decide between these two! All shots are great and very well prepared and presented! As always: Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Very nice pictures! Hey, how are the physics on the Citation?

1 Like

Thanks as always! ๐Ÿ˜‰ and the photos you chose are probably my favorites too because of the beautiful water around Florida

1 Like

Thanks! I love flying the Citation, it climbs fast, descends fast, is really easy to maneuver and is fast in general

1 Like

Is it easy to butter? Thatโ€™s the most important thing for me.

1 Like

My landings have been AWFUL lately and I buttered one on a short runway in Key West, in a 25 knot wind, with the pressure of 10 planes watching and a low Frame rate, so Iโ€™d say yes ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like